Change Mode

ok with my new Gcard (8500GT 512MB) i can tell a huge difference when i play games lol use to have the Radeon X1300 512MB

ok i was playing Fear and this was my scores for FPS on that little test thing

(at MAX settings)

FPS FPS Distribation

Min 8% 62% below 25FPS

Average 23% 38% between 25 and 40

Max 0% 0% above 40

ok and here was the scores for (auto dectact settings)

FPS

Min 17%

Avg 25%

Max 36

FPS distribuation

55% below 25fps

45% between 25 and 40

0% above 40

well i dont know if that is good or not right now but yea when i play world of warcraft for some reason i get like 16FPS which i dont know why..... but in BF2142 i get like 35 FPS

Edited by Lusafis
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but i dont get it.... the game was not lagging or anything ....... it ran really smooth (my friend has a 7950 card and my card run more smooth then it)

in BF2142 it ran very very smooth to but the only game that was lagging was WoW and it says i only had like 16-20 FPS this card has to be way better then the Radeon X1300

Edited by Lusafis

ok i dont know if this dose somthing but i was reading up on some stuff and (i have 4 slots of ram and im useing 2 512 sticks and 2 256 sticks) and i didnt have them in duel channel mode so i made it where it went into duel cannel mode would this make anything run faster????

:blink: what are your settings????

35 frames is impossible to play with. You want to have an ideal FPS of 50 and above. I think the 8500 was to rip people off

Play with a 9200 radeon for a year.

You will think 30 FPS is the most amazing thing on the planet.

well you think you could help me out??? i dont see how i play fear better then WoW? like i said i only get 16fps in WoW

i also tryed OCing my g card and i got it to 500Hz but when i would play a game it would be all black and stuff so i dont know what i did wrong there (i have really good cooling in my computer to

ok i dont know if this dose somthing but i was reading up on some stuff and (i have 4 slots of ram and im useing 2 512 sticks and 2 256 sticks) and i didnt have them in duel channel mode so i made it where it went into duel cannel mode would this make anything run faster????

the dual channel should help.

what are you using to measure your FPS?

well in WoW there is a build in FPS meter in it so that is where i get it from and yea it will skip a little bit but in Fear or BF2142 i dont get lag at all

Despite what the boxes say, wow actually is quite a taxing game.

I remember, i used to raid on an old 9200, with minimum settings, and get like 8-11 FPS in MC, and BWL. Even less on certain parts (Broodlord Fight, the wonderful Nefarius Phase 3, and a few more)

The most taxing thing is wow, is to make sure that you don't have your terrain distance at max. That cuts my FPS in half, literally.

It's also not really needed for gameplay either. Just set it at the middle setting, not the top, and you will see a dramatic increase in smoothness of your game. Eye candy can be up, but a huge resolution is a no-no. Don't go higher than 1280X1024 unless you have a 8800.

What area are you in when you are getting such low FPS?

Obviously areas with more people are going to cause a video card some problems. Remeber the old ironforge at the start of the game? I couldn't ever even go in there. Thats why i went horde side. The 8-1 ratio made it possible to be in orgrimmar without my computer crashing.

:lol:

well i lag every where (i mean i dont lag really really bad) and when go into big citys with alot of people its not bad but when i had my X1300 in i think i wa doing better with that card for some reason.....i dont know but i think im gonna return my 8500 and get the 8600 gts prob but yea i dont see why i should be lagging like this also i WAS playing at 1440X900 on my X1300 and i got the same FPS 16

and with this card i get 16fps at 1280X1024

Edited by Lusafis

it shouldnt be that low at all though. When my little bro plays, it is at 1280x1024 and the settings maxed and i average at 100 frames. That card cant be that much slower. Check your render options. I think there is a setting that allows the amount of detail and render distance. That may cause issues. Big City=Lots of rendering to be done.

I hate playing under 40 frames....it bugs me

when i turn EVERYTHING on low i get 60fps.... i dont know what im suppose to do... o and im not playing at 1280 im playing at 1024X768 so yea... is there somthing i need to do in my video card settings??

Edited by Lusafis

when i turn EVERYTHING on low i get 60fps.... i dont know what im suppose to do... o and im not playing at 1280 im playing at 1024X768 so yea... is there somthing i need to do in my video card settings??

if it looks way to bad, then adjust it so your not lower than 30 frames. Also, on my Video card, there is an option that allows me to set it at High Performance rather than quality. Try that

35 frames is impossible to play with.

I want to slap you right now!

35 is actually very good to play with. Try playing with 10. 20 is even fine.

kiddo lies. the 8500 is a huge joke. honestly, my bro plays wow on an x1300, full settings, and he averages about 35fps in the most taxing areas. i would trade in that card and grab a 7600 for about 100, and 7900gs are as low as 130 now. btw, im posting from my bros nintendo wii, its cool :filtered:. also the 8500 AND 8600 both phail because nvidia refuses to put higher than a 128 bit interface. 7600s are better, as is a x1300 and higher in both series. the x1950 is quite a steal for the price

I'll find some links and edit my post RQ.

Edited by porksandwich9113

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814130056

Theres a 7900GS

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814102034

1950GT

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814102061

1950PRO

Honestly, all these cards will ourperform the 8500/8600.

All have an extreme performance/price ratio.

Just for this perspective.

I have 7900GS's SLI'd in my system. My brother is actually spending about a month with me, and was raiding on my system about an hour ago. WoW doesn't like SLI at all, so i had to disable it to prevent crashing. In the cities he had 45+ FPS MINIMUM, and raiding, and in tempest keep, he was running at 130 FPS. a 7900 would be plenty the power for wow.

yea i got this card at bestbuy for 149.99 lol i guess ill go return it then and go to newegg

just letting you know i have a 300watt power supple with a 6 pin PCI-E thing but will the 1950pro still play on it???

is there a card that is like 149.99 that is better then those you showed me???? might as well spend what i have

also will that 1950pro play everything to the max like fear and WoW??

Edited by Lusafis

Herm, yes, but it much be a strech on a 300 Watt PSU.

Let me do some quick research.

7900GS's recommend a 400 Watter, with 20 Amps on the rail.

The 1950GT didn't say on the site, but i'm sure another pitster should know.

Sorry to say, but i honestly wouldn't try it.

What kind of PSU do you have? If it's a very high efficency one, from a reliable brand, it could happen, otherwise..nah..

I would go for a 8600, 1650XT, or even a 7600.

EDIT: I did go and plug in your information on the xTreme PSU calculator.

I put in

3000MHZ P4 Prescott at 100% utilization, 2 Sticks DDR ram, 2 7200RPM hard drives, CW-RW/DVD-R Optical Drive, PCI Wireless Card, and plugged in the 1950XT and it recommended a 285 Watt.

i also tried it with a 7900GS and it went down to 265 Watts.

Is there anything else in your system that uses power?

Otherwise a 1950XT/7900GS could be a possibility.

The only other problem i could think of is the rail not having enough AMPS, and over time, the taxing on your PSU could take a toll on your system.