Every stick of memory I've tested in this mobo fails

PC Chips M810LR, should handle 1gb (2x512mb) of PC133. Every stick of PC133 I've tried in this mobo fails 2 different memtest86 tests (old/new). I've tried 5 - 256mb sticks (3 single-sided, 2 double-sided) in every possible combination with several 128mb sticks, every one of them has failed.

The thing that alerted me to this problem were 2 failed OS installs (1 ME w/ driver errors, 1 2kpro w/ blue screen during install).

I wanted to run 384mb of RAM in this computer, simple enough request to make of this PC Chips POS, but now it appears it may end up in the dumpster.

This is the 2nd PC Chips motherboard just recently that has failed me, the first one just up and died, right when I was getting it finished and ready to sell. Now this one that doesn't seem to like any memory at all.

If I ever see another PC Chips, it'll be too soon. -kd5-

Clean the brass on the Memory.

If you're talking about the gold contacts, they can't possibly need cleaned on 9 different sticks of memory, 4 of them new. -kd5-

So that means a bad mainboard can possibly cause an error reading in Memtest?

If you'd tried as many different sticks of memory in this motherboard as I have, you'd probably come to that same conclusion... :( -kd5-

you really gotta be scratching the bottom of the barrel to use a PCchips board, can't get a lower quality board than that one

you really gotta be scratching the bottom of the barrel to use a PCchips board, can't get a lower quality board than that one

Biostar ranks right down there too. -kd5-

Biostar ranks right down there too. -kd5-

actually I pulled a pc out of a garbage can one time, the board was dead but it did have a 2.2 cele chip in it. I got a cheap biostar board (U8668D=$50. from new egg) and poped it in and I ran XP pro on it as a test pc for about a year, then I got a copy of vista prem so I upgraded it with a 3.06 P4 chip (from ebay $100.) and a 7600 GS video card.... still running well, but being a cheap board, no sata on it. Sometimes you get lucky with those cheap cheesy boards !!

Just wondering if your are using "CHEAP" memory too!

:geezer:

Mushkin, Kingston, and a couple of off brands... :geezer: -kd5-

I had an ECS RS400-a for a while. What a terrible board :cr@sh:

You might want to check the memory voltages, I had a similar problem where my board wasn't giving enough power to the RAM.

Yeah! Could be a voltage problem.

One of the reasons I always used ABIT. The

Geil Ultra X I always used needed about 2.95V

just to post.

Still got some left that I play with on my IC7G and AS8s. 2/2/2/5

I'm convinced this PC Chips board is wonky. If anyone has a spare (working) Socket A/462 motherboard laying around they're not doing anything with, preferably NOT PC Chips, I'd love to hear from you... ;) -kd5-