Change Mode

i got a logitech quickcam messenger and all of a sudden it quit working when i try to send somone live video i ran spyware blaster without thinking and just now i ran spybot and it found a bucnh of backweb stuff in my logitech folder and in teh registry well after i ran spywareblocker i cant use the webcam does logitech need backweb to run right? if so how do i go about unblocking it to run it .... or is it just something that has nothing to do with spyware

Backweb is spyware. If you can just disable it, then maybe you can still use your webcam. It came with my Kodak camera and I unchecked it from startup, but I can still send my pics without any problems.

well see the problem is i did disable it and now it wont work .... i can take pics and record video and stuff but i cant send out one of the little "click here to see my video" links the second i open Logitech IM Video Companion i get this error ... "The instruction at "0x00416f33" referenced memort at "0x00182000". The memory could not be "read"." and i have no idea what that means so thats why i asked if it was becasue i disabled backweb

You probably need to re-enable it from spybot. Just uncheck it in your startup ( and your logitech quickcam), otherwise it will want to run in the background. You'll only need it connected when you're sending.....(I hope)

I don't understand why name brand cameras and such had to resort to bundling their products with spyware :(

Open the SpywareBlaster Program

Scroll down all the Items and Untick anything thats needed to run your WebCam.

When you've finished Retick the items.... :mrwinky:

Wait.

I just went through this with my new Logitech mouse and keyboard.

First read this link about Back Web Lite

If you installed the desktop manager then you opted to have the backweb lite put on your computer. Many companies use this to update their software automatically. If your software is anything like mine, they tell you can gets adds from this, but give you the option to only downloads driver upgrades. So that is the rub, if you remove the backweb lite (which is what I did) you must update your camera manually. Just keep this in mind. Also, you should be able to completely remove all the backweb lite stuff just by going into add/remove programs and removing the Logitech Desktop Manager.

Hope this helps.