Change Mode

JAVA

DLANGDAMAN

This would be much easier to do in a spreadsheet application. E.G Excel

A couple of ideas are:

Give each grade a value. So calculations can be performed. For example, an A is worth 50, a D is 10.

Use a lookup table to convert between the 2. Once the calculation has been performed, the average can be looked up and the average grade can be given.

Would be easy to add an exception for <0 or >100.

Another would be to use MODE function in Excel. It would simply return the most common grade. This doesn't always give the correct average though.

To show you, if 10 A's were present and 9 D's were present, the MODE would return A, but the true average would be B overall.

Edited by invin546

This would be much easier to do in a spreadsheet application. E.G Excel

A couple of ideas are:

Give each grade a value. So calculations can be performed. For example, an A is worth 50, a D is 10.

Use a lookup table to convert between the 2. Once the calculation has been performed, the average can be looked up and the average grade can be given.

Would be easy to add an exception for <0 or >100.

Another would be to use MODE function in Excel. It would simply return the most common grade. This doesn't always give the correct average though.

To show you, if 10 A's were present and 9 D's were present, the MODE would return A, but the true average would be B overall.

unfortunately i have to produce this in JAVA>....do you have any site that can show me more in excel for the future

That's a bit of a bummer! I don't have any sites that I use. I'm just aware of how a few things can be done in excel through lessons ;) .

It would be a good idea to search for a program which codes in java and you can do design views to make the coding simpler. sorry i can't help you any further