Sign in to follow this  
b0r3dinmadt0wn

Post your desktop

Posted Image

It looks boring here, but I've got windows DreamScene so the background moves.

Edited by Simonsells91

You should really rid of some of the stuff in your taskbar. I've never seen a system with so many running processes that wasn't incredibly slow

They are not all running those are quick launch shortcuts.

You should really rid of some of the stuff in your taskbar. I've never seen a system with so many running processes that wasn't incredibly slow

How many processes have you got in your Task Manager? I have 33 at the most, and when I boot up 28.

Those icons are shortcuts and do not slow down a machine. My computer is fast and slick with maintenance done regularly, some daily.

Thanks for your observation but my system is fine.

kind regards, ;)

They are not all running those are quick launch shortcuts.

Exactly Lou! Makes life easy with them there. Thanks for your backup on my great desktop! :adios:

Posted Image

Glad I'm not programming anymore. I'm not sure what I hated more, Eclipse or Java. :lol:

Glad I'm not programming anymore. I'm not sure what I hated more, Eclipse or Java. lol.gif

Haha, I used to code Java with a text editor and the command line. Eclipse is like a dream come true. Autocompletes what I'm typing, formats my code, generates docs, refactors things (so if I rename a class, or move it to a different package, I don't have to go through and update every instance of it in other code).

Eclipse and Java are bloated, but I've got a gig of ram and a Celeron D so I'm not too worried. :clap:

Edited by xXenXx

The only feature I liked on Eclipse is when it would fix the error for you. :lol:

Haha, I used to code Java with a text editor and the command line. Eclipse is like a dream come true. Autocompletes what I'm typing, formats my code, generates docs, refactors things (so if I rename a class, or move it to a different package, I don't have to go through and update every instance of it in other code).

Eclipse and Java are bloated, but I've got a gig of ram and a Celeron D so I'm not too worried. :clap:

Java sucks, I rather code in Assembly or C++.

Java sucks, I rather code in Assembly or C++.

Assembly is useless for what the common programmer wants to do.

Java is so much more flexible than C++. Just about anything I code will run on Windows, Linux, OSX, Solaris, etc, with no changes. I can make my applications into web applets with minimal effort. C++ may be faster, but it's nowhere near as portable as Java is.

Those reasons, and the fact that Java was offered as a class in my school (C++ was not) are why I use it.

Guest Trackrat

Not very interesting, but it suits me.

Posted Image

Trackrat....looks as uninteresting as my Vista, except I don't like the 'gadgets' :lol:

Well, some of us grandfatherly types know art when we see it!! :P