• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ,not to hard a hard drive is made up of many parts ,but the biggest one the motor

might of just burned out ,like they said put it in the freezer over night .might just give you time to back up your files , after that you can open it up there are six screws holding the top on .after you get it open you can try to free up the disk by trying to rock it back and forth by the edge only don`t use anything buy your fingers no tools and don`t touch the top of the disk.unless you want to lose data .might work then again might not if it`s junk worth a try it`s broke now ,this way you`ll know what the inside looks like :cr@sh:

Edited by tw2

put it in a zip lock bag and stick it in the freezer overnight, when you get it out, connect it as fast as you can and copy as much data till it quits

I've heard about that before somewhere, but idk how trust worthy that is.

How much time would I have you think?

idk as of now.

my friend's dad still has it.

he's working w/ it.

he said he got it on for a little bit, and tried to copy stuff but it didn't stay on long enough, but he still has stuff to try.

Let use know what happens.

Wish you luck KID.

Edited by starmac

I've heard about that before somewhere, but idk how trust worthy that is.

How much time would I have you think?

Till it thaws out....if it's already doa, can't hurt to try that out

Also, I've found on a few drives, that if you give the corner of the drive a good thump on the work bench, sometimes that frees up the read arm and it'll work. I don't recommend you go out and start banging your drive around but if the drive doesn't work, ya ain't got much to loose. Don't count on keeping that drive if you decide to free it up to get any data from it

Edited by Joe C