wow im realy likeing that heatsink:)

will it do better than the si-128?

let me do the math

about same heatsink......

2 120mm fan vs. 1 120mm fan

cools all components...

cheaper....

ya, looks like it will do better! :P

you might have trouble getting it into your case, and fitting it around the ram and chipset cooler

i dont think i will have trouble with this case its huge its a full tower with 2x250mm fans

heres the case seems like the price went up lol paid 100$ 6months ago.

ony thing i see that i might have a problem is ram but i think it whould go right over them.

so i guess i get that and pair it up with 2x120 high performence fans hehe that should cool this oven down lol

i woudlnt have said the xp90c is outdated! im sure onecool still is using it on his e6600 overclocked to 3.6!

it must be doing pretty well under those extremes.

but i like the size on that coolermaster! :D

if nothing else works, DROWN it in fans! :lol:

First of all, the SI-128 is definitely better than the COOLER MASTER GeminII, there is no chance in hell that that Cooler master can be better than the si-128.

Even though it has 2 fans, reading the reviews, even the zalman heatsink beats it.. Its a pain to install, it also has limited space for larger ram to fit in their. Like the OCZ Flex XTC, there is no chance ram like that can fit under this heatsink, also the Corsair Dominator is a tight fit.

Personally I would suggest get a pretty good heatsink, you can get a very nice one for less than $100 for sure, any water cooling setup under $100 is really not worth it...

This is a very nice heatsink.. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835109140

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835109129, another one helluva of a cooler http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835154001, also a very nice heatsink http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...2E16835106080...

I mean you got a very nice choice of some high performance heatsink, IMO just forget water cooling for now.

Get one of those, it will do a tremendous job, especially the Tuniq Tower 120, has gotten some really excellent reviews.

edit: Forgot to mention fans, Panaflo fans have been really quite well known. IF you don't care about noise, here's 3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....;name=%3e80+CFM choose 1.

Good Luck gorgesky :)

Edited by miggs78

hmm i just ordered the fans and heatsink:(

tho by every review i looked at it did good it cooled the whole motherboard to.

the SI-128 looks allmost like the xp90 except the bigger fan size it takes and mine cant keep this cpu under 60c

but now i dont know because i aready orderd it.

like this review http://www.modthebox.com/review491_3.shtml it went up to 58c when overclocked and few c more it be just like mine doing.

even on one review they ran the pc overclocked with out any fans and it ony went to 59c it beats mine with fans lol

Edited by gordesky1

first i was going to get the first one that you linked for 64$ but i whould of had to order a bracket for socket 939 from thermalright which is why i passed that up.

zalmans i never had good luck with them and thermalright is the same so far.

but when i saw the coolmaster because of the 2 fans and the biggest of the heatsink i went with that.

with those 2 110cfm fans that 220cfm total blowing and pretty sure thats what this cpu wants.

if it doesint work right and still doesint cool it will newegg take it back?

aslong as it stays under 60c when doing orthos and prime i be happy im hopeing for atleast 50c load.

first i was going to get the first one that you linked for 64$ but i whould of had to order a bracket for socket 939 from thermalright which is why i passed that up.

zalmans i never had good luck with them and thermalright is the same so far.

but when i saw the coolmaster because of the 2 fans and the biggest of the heatsink i went with that.

with those 2 110cfm fans that 220cfm total blowing and pretty sure thats what this cpu wants.

if it doesint work right and still doesint cool it will newegg take it back?

aslong as it stays under 60c when doing orthos and prime i be happy im hopeing for atleast 50c load.

sorry I linked them for the wrong socket, I linked all for S775.. :shifty:

hehe np:)

now just hopeing this stuff will cool thing oven down lol

and if the cooolmaster doesint work right it comes with a rebate that makes it to 14$ after rebate lol

but i think this should cool better than what i got i hope lol

got the heatsink on i booted it up the idel temps are lower but the load temps are still alittle high max it went is 60c befor it went to 64 to 66c.

if i keep the case off max it will get is 59c

what i dont get is core 2 is 50c 52c max but core one is the high one thats has allways been the case....

tho everything else is alot cooler pwmic is 37c -38 max load and chitset is ony 44c befor those was close to 50c or over.

good thing i see so far is its not failing yet on orthos befor it failed around 3min 6min its ony 9min now.

aslong as it stable im happy.

but so far its better than my xp90c

got the heatsink on i booted it up the idel temps are lower but the load temps are still alittle high max it went is 60c befor it went to 64 to 66c.

if i keep the case off max it will get is 59c

what i dont get is core 2 is 50c 52c max but core one is the high one thats has allways been the case....

tho everything else is alot cooler pwmic is 37c -38 max load and chitset is ony 44c befor those was close to 50c or over.

good thing i see so far is its not failing yet on orthos befor it failed around 3min 6min its ony 9min now.

aslong as it stable im happy.

but so far its better than my xp90c

was it hard to seat?

it was kinda hard to install than the xp90c but it wasint to bad.

it clamps on alot tighter and better than the xp90c feels more solid.

heres a updated so far it failed at 26min it lasted alot longer tho befor with the xp90c it whould fail at 6min to 14min maxxed.

but still not stable as i like it to be but i dont think the cooler the blame because when i touch the heatsink or the pipes its cold to warm

with teh xp90c the pipes and heatsink was pretty hot.

so it seems like the heatsink is doing its job.

because the 2nd core ony goes up to47c to 52maxxed while the 1st core will hit 58c to 60c and the first core is the ony one that allways fails.

what got to be the problem is the cpu heatspeader and teh thermal paste under it problee is half off or something.

im sure it will drop the temps alot if i take it off but i just dont want to ruined it but im thinking of it.

i know if i whould of got the other heatsinks even that best one for 64$ it problee still be the same.

but other than that i think the heatsink is good even the 120mm fans are quite at full speed alot quite than the 80mm ufo fan that i had befor lol

it was kinda hard to install than the xp90c but it wasint to bad.

it clamps on alot tighter and better than the xp90c feels more solid.

heres a updated so far it failed at 26min it lasted alot longer tho befor with the xp90c it whould fail at 6min to 14min maxxed.

but still not stable as i like it to be but i dont think the cooler the blame because when i touch the heatsink or the pipes its cold to warm

with teh xp90c the pipes and heatsink was pretty hot.

so it seems like the heatsink is doing its job.

because the 2nd core ony goes up to47c to 52maxxed while the 1st core will hit 58c to 60c and the first core is the ony one that allways fails.

what got to be the problem is the cpu heatspeader and teh thermal paste under it problee is half off or something.

im sure it will drop the temps alot if i take it off but i just dont want to ruined it but im thinking of it.

i know if i whould of got the other heatsinks even that best one for 64$ it problee still be the same.

but other than that i think the heatsink is good even the 120mm fans are quite at full speed alot quite than the 80mm ufo fan that i had befor lol

are you using arctic silver 5?

yep runing at 3ghzs:)

oh and i just highered to 1.5vcore and so far im primeing 55min it has never did this befor with teh xp90c and its saying it runing at 65c to 67c for core 1 and so far its stable and i touch the heatsink and pipes its cold not even warm so im not even sure if the motherboard temp censers is right.

and what it could of been all this time is maybee the xp90c wasint siting tight anuff on the cpu and that was causeing crashing or something.

and this cpu might of needed 1.5ghzs to be stable @3ghzs i tried it on the xp90c but it either failed or crashed.

like smartgulding dfi monitor shows ony 44 to 45max temp for cpu which on others like coretemp or everest shows 2 cpus which is what i got and they are alot higher than teh cpu temp on smartguldering.

and in bios i got it to shut down at 65c and its 65c to 67 with everest so maybee its good after all.

another thing i saw is my psu 12volt rail is not going under 12.03v sense i installed this heatsink befor it use to go aslow as 12.50 and my fans whould go down like looseing power so maybee the xp90c was causeing a short or wasing touching the cpu all the ways.

Edited by gordesky1

i never use any of those monitors to check my temps. I use The NVIDIA MONITER. It works well with me. Comes with Ntune. But, are you using an Nvidia card?

Also, are the other system parts staying cool also?

update system is stable as a rock and staying cold:)

orthos still runing and its been 11hours:) im anoring everest and coretemp lol

i could touch the heatsink were it touching the heatsink and its cold lol

so this heatsink cools realy realy good lol

also everything else staying cold to lol

oh im useing ati

Edited by gordesky1