Sign in to follow this  
RagingAura

SPYBOT SUCKS

wth :blink: ...geeze, if you don't like it or whatever be nice if you explain why instead of all that gibberish..doesn't help the forums much or anyone for that matter.

Wademan

RagingAura, I've edited two of your nonsense posts in this forum....give me one more worthless post to edit and you'll be on suspension. :dry:

RagingAura, I've edited two of your nonsense posts in this forum....give me one more worthless post to edit and you'll be on suspension. :dry:

Thanks Jacee.. :) whew

His post is always in caps lock. I wonder if he knew the netiquette?

Hi peeps, :)

I find sometimes spybot finds what ad-aware doesn't and vice versa!! so I run both with spyware blaster too!! B)

regards carpgod :clap:

It can be used as a diagnostics, items might not be removed but it can give you a clue that there could be an infection and further help is needed.

Many like the Immunizations feature from Spybot to block bad web sites in IE and teatimer to monitor add ons.

Spybot and Ad-Aware work well in conjunction.

I agree., I run "Spybot - Search & Destroy", then afterwords I run "Ad-aware SE Professional". Then for virus information "AVG 7.5" or something similar works great even if you've been in "Warez P2P" all day, but why would you want to do something like that??? hum?

Edited by add=2distract

I encrypt with TrueCrypt, and use Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, AVG anti-spyware, Avira AntiVir, Spywareblaster, HijackThis, and Firefox. I haven't got anything besides a tracking cookie in a while.

Using Spybot, Ad-Aware, Spyware Blaster, TrueCrypt to encrypt my drives, and Windows defender too. I'm paranoid...

Me too brandon!!! :rofl2:

RagingAura ?

RagingLunatic

LOL Juliet..yeah, well she/him/it made one huge mess in forums last night, flooding several forums....Must have been a full moon :blink::angry:

Wademan

I run Spybot, AdAware, Windows Defender and Spyware Blaster in addition to my Norton Security suite. I hoope this is good enough. It has worked so far (knock on wood).

I encrypt with TrueCrypt, and use Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, AVG anti-spyware, Avira AntiVir, Spywareblaster, HijackThis, and Firefox. I haven't got anything besides a tracking cookie in a while.

Im downloading Avira and avg anti-spyware as I have a week left on my "free" norton(<love the F word!). Im leaving to visit family and friends in me ole home town on Sunday and when I get back norton should be gone,dead,disfunctional. I have already a few days ago downloaded the removal tool from symantic site. happen to just trip over that jewel.

So next weekend I should be set to turn my protection around. I have spybot and hijack and 90% of the time use FF. AOL has a spyware program, well... :lol: I see lil pop ups saying its looking and then that all is fine, but ya know, I just dont trust it... :unsure:

Is there any advice? and also once I begin to use these should I turn on the Vista protection. went there the other day and nothing is turned on, I guessed that was due to the norton.

Is it a good idea to download the AVG Anti-Rootkit? I dont want to download what I dont really need.

Edited by Learnin'lady

Hi Learnin'lady I'm running Vista and all I have is Avast, windows firewall (behind a router), spywareblaster and windows defender. UAC is turned on, it is a minor annoyance but rather 2 seconds clicking now than 3 hours later cleaning it up.

I have Superantispyware as a weekly scan on demand, I have found that up until two weeks ago AVG anti-spy refused to work on Vista, whether it does now I have no idea.

To run AVG rootkit in Vista you need to right click - run as administrator or nothing appears to happen

Hi Learnin'lady I'm running Vista and all I have is Avast, windows firewall (behind a router), spywareblaster and windows defender. UAC is turned on, it is a minor annoyance but rather 2 seconds clicking now than 3 hours later cleaning it up.

I have Superantispyware as a weekly scan on demand, I have found that up until two weeks ago AVG anti-spy refused to work on Vista, whether it does now I have no idea.

To run AVG rootkit in Vista you need to right click - run as administrator or nothing appears to happen

Im downloading Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic right now. I have a major difficulty as I still used dial up and its very slow as you can imagine!

Im very wary about applications now as most dont work with vista and I dont want it if I have to sit and wait for a damn patch! Id rather wait and get the working product.

So should my windows protection? like Id said I just noticed that everything was off. and I figured it was due to the preinstalled norton when I bought this a few months ago.

No, if you're downloading AVG Antispyware, you are fine.

thanks - I didnt see your post... blind girl here.

I wasnt sure about the rootkit so Im not going to use it now as it doesnt seem to be compatible..hmm. Im shocked!... :lol:

gives me an idea for a new website, a whole entire site dedicated to vista only compatible applications!

oops actually what Im downloading is Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic

Edited by Learnin'lady