Sign in to follow this  
Carlton

Offensive joke

i see, now we can assume why the word is filtered, i guess the word was used in an inopropiate way, who's to blame for this, should the word be filtered forever or is a temp deal till this thread dies, who knows! will we use other words in an inopropiate manner and have them filtered as well or just avoid foul language and prevent filtration :lol:

i find that reference to a male body part offensive, ike! i demand it's immediate removal!

today, i'm going to go out to walmart and get some :filtered:. i plan on getting foot :filtered:, base :filtered:, soccer :filtered:, tennis :filtered:, basket :filtered:, golf :filtered:, and rubber :filtered:.

Edited by badbinary

just like our jobs, just like our country, just like our kids :lol:

who will put a stop to it, shall we leave it up to other's for what we can do our selves or step up to the plate and make a difference ?

its like this last job i had, one of the employee's was wearing gloves to remove debree from a running machine and his fingers were removed, the worker stated that his glove was caught in the machine and it pulled is hand in, he probably lied because he knew he was supposed to turn of the machine first, well he no longer worked with us anymore and hence came the rule no gloves aloud in the shop :laughing:

because of one persons stupidity over five hundred employees paid for it, the fork lift would bring in materials covered in ice and when those shop doors are open it dropped to the lower twenties and we couldn't feel our fingers :rolleyes:

so i wonder if that makes any sense ?

This forum is going in the wrong direction for sure.

How is it going in the wrong direction Bill ?, I can not believe that you don't find that at least some of the words that are in the filter a tad bit overboard.

My thought on the word filter the only words that belong in it should be those found by the fcc as offensive, degrading or foul. If someone is going to venture on line or in the real world for that matter and finds words that are used by elementary school children offensive then they should just stay off the net and inside, or grow up them selves.

To the owners of PC Pitstop LLC.

I believe that even though the pit is a privatly owned site, it is the intention of PC Pitstop LLC. to run this forum in a democratic fashion, That being said, I believe that that way the decisions are made here are in the baseball fasion, when an umpire makes a call, it sticks whether right or wrong, in the team spirit, the call sticks and no other umps will question that call, the same is true here when an admin or mod makes a call, it sticks whether it's right or wrong and no other admin or mod will question that decision as far as we as members can see.

May I sugest to the owners of this forum that they change policy and accept a policy like that's like that of hockey, meaning that before a call is made about a decision that an admin or mod will make, that it be discussed, reviewed and decided by several mods/admins before a thead is closed, deleted or a member is banned. It would be the most fairer way to operate this forum with the least amount of negative response from the members here.

I'm only suggesting this method in the best intrest of the pit, I do think this site is one of the best sites here on the net, and only make this suggestion in the best intrest of everybody here.

I think that 99.9% of the time that admins/mods here do a good job of running PC Pitstop, and I highly commend them on that job, but that 1/10th of 1% of the time is where a lot of negative arise from.

It might be a good idea to give an admin/mod a couple weeks/month off in their job and just be another member so they can realize what it's like to be here as most average users post here too.

That's the end of my little rant and I'm going to get a refill on another rum-n-coke now :mrgreen:

Edited by Joe C

When you're smilin', when you're smilin'

The whole world smiles with you

When you're laughin', when you're laughin'

The sun comes shinin' through

But when you're cryin', you bring on the rain

So stop that cryin', be happy again

Keep on smilin', 'cause when you're smilin'

The whole world smiles with you

When you're smilin', when you're smilin'

The whole world, it smiles with you

When you're laughin', oh babe, when you're laughin'

The sun would-a come shining through

But when you're cryin', you bring on the rain

So stop that sighin', come on and be happy again

Keep on smilin', 'cause when you're smilin', baby

The whole world smiles with you.

That's better. B)

The thing about the word filter that gets me mad is it blocks :filtered: , I mean p oop. Is there anyone offended by that word? Anyone?

Edited by Simonsells91

I don't like censorship in any form, word filters included, however that being said, at least it keeps the Ban list from getting any longer..... :P

Although the Administrators and Moderators of PC Pitstop will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, we cannot be responsible for message content. All messages express the views of the author. The owners or the representatives of PC Pitstop may remove, edit, move, or close topics they feel do not follow the rules.

There is a link in every post labeled "Report a rules violation". Use it if you believe someone's post violates the forum rules, but treat it like a fire alarm. It is not to be used for anything other than to report rules violations. Please familiarize yourself with the rules prior to using it. Misuse of this link will result in your being suspended from posting on the forum for one week.

This is not your average Computer forum. We are proud of the fact that despite of our growing numbers we continue to remain extremely friendly to both new members and regular visitors. When posting in the forum keep the following in mind:

1) Inappropriate content will be removed without notice. Do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, racist, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. Please use good judgement when choosing user names, avatars, or images to post, and do not attempt to bypass the word filter. It is there for a reason.

2) Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM, instant messengers, or Email, will be banned immediately without notice.

going by the rules the word may be harmless on its own but used in an inappropriate way violates the the rules :lol:

The thing about the word filter that gets me mad is it blocks :filtered: , I mean p oop. Is there anyone offended by that word? Anyone?

Ha-ha how funny, that was the exact word I was talking about earlier in this thread. I just didn't want to bypass the filter to show it, don't want to get baned. :P

going by the rules the word may be harmless on its own but used in an inappropriate way violates the the rules

True but then you can say that about a lot of the words that seem or could possibly end up in the filter, as i said before there are those words that should be in the filter for obvious reasons but then there are those words that did end up in the filter because someone used the word out of general context and may have possibly offended someone.

From what i have seen those instances have been far and few between, had they been left alone the offending post would have died a slow death like so many other so called offending post simply because it may have been only a slight number of people that had seemingly been offended.

and is why i said before that it only takes one incident and everyone else pays the price!

granted i dont like those scenarios in the work place or on the forums but the rules can only be bypassed by those above us.

we get hit hard at work or anywhere else that has rules and policies, if a good majority would have left it alone as you stated the word may have not been filtered, im sure they know thats its not a bad word and im positive several of them discussed filtering it .

Purina dog's should wear diapers, that way their owners wont be tempted to play with their golfglobes

:rofl2: just noticed your sig Bear.

Yeah...and I missed all the excitement......

I hate being left out... :lol: v

If ya like we can start the thread all over for ya,

If ya like we can start the thread all over for ya,

lol..... really. I thought this thing was dead

Big :filtered: Lyrics

» AC/DC

Well I'm upper upper class high society

God's gift to ballroom notoriety

And I always fill my ballroom

The event is never small

The social pages say I've got

The biggest :filtered: of all

I've got big :filtered:

They're such big :filtered:

And they're dirty big :filtered:

And he's got big :filtered:

And she's got big :filtered:

(But we've got the biggest :filtered: of them all)

And my :filtered: are always bouncing

My ballroom always full

And everybody :filtered: and :filtered: again

If your name is on the guest list

No one can take you higher

Everybody says I've got

Great :filtered: of fire

Oh I've got big :filtered:

And they're such big :filtered:

Dirty big :filtered:

And he's got big :filtered:

And she's got big :filtered:

Some :filtered: are held for charity

And some for fancy dress

But when they're held for pleasure

They're the :filtered: that I like best

My :filtered: are always bouncing

To the left and to the right

It's my belief that my big :filtered:

Should be held every night

We've got big :filtered:

Dirty big :filtered:

He's got big :filtered:

She's got big :filtered:

(We've got big :filtered:)

(We've got big :filtered:)

And I'm just itching to tell you about them

Oh we had such wonderful fun

Seafood cocktail, crabs, crayfish