Sign in to follow this  
Condoor

Test Freezes

:cold: Clicking on "Start Scanning" works fine until it comes down to "Scanning Registry for invalid CLSIDs" where it freezes. How can this be corrected?

:wp:

What version of Windows?

Paid Optimize or free scan?

Did this issue start after Optimize was previously completing the scan or is this the first run?

Start with a complete uninstall/reinstall:

Go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>Optimize>uninstall PC Pitstop Optimize and run the uninstaller. (If the uninstaller is missing or broken, proceed to the next step.)

Once that completes, go to My Computer>C:\>Program Files>PC Pitstop>Optimize and delete the entire Optimize folder.

Now do a reinstall with a new copy of the program from here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

:wp:

What version of Windows?

Paid Optimize or free scan?

Did this issue start after Optimize was previously completing the scan or is this the first run?

Start with a complete uninstall/reinstall:

Go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>Optimize>uninstall PC Pitstop Optimize and run the uninstaller. (If the uninstaller is missing or broken, proceed to the next step.)

Once that completes, go to My Computer>C:\>Program Files>PC Pitstop>Optimize and delete the entire Optimize folder.

Now do a reinstall with a new copy of the program from here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

PAID versionj

Program previously worked fine

Reinstalled as you suggested but problem is still there!

From what I can tell, Optimize may be getting 'stuck in a loop'.

Any other event come to mind about the time this started?

Have you tried running the Optimize scan in Safe Mode? (Skip the Internet tests).

Be sure to make a registry backup before proceeding.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322755

From what I can tell, Optimize may be getting 'stuck in a loop'.

Any other event come to mind about the time this started?

Have you tried running the Optimize scan in Safe Mode? (Skip the Internet tests).

Be sure to make a registry backup before proceeding.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322755

No special event comes to mind.

Tried Safe Mode................NO LUCK!!!

HELP :pullhair:

Any other software installed about the time this started? Have you tried doing a Windows System Restore to a date prior to the onset of the issue?

Any other software installed about the time this started? Have you tried doing a Windows System Restore to a date prior to the onset of the issue?

I don't recall any other software being installed about the time the problem started.

I am unable to do a Windows Restore. Don't have the program.

There must be a simpler way of correcting Optimize?

I can find a few other examples of a similar issue, but they were not successfully resolved. However, the difference is that the scan crashed at that point from the first time the program was run. I show that you purchased Optimize over a year ago. Did this start after an update, and if yes, do you recall what version you were previously using?

I can find a few other examples of a similar issue, but they were not successfully resolved. However, the difference is that the scan crashed at that point from the first time the program was run. I show that you purchased Optimize over a year ago. Did this start after an update, and if yes, do you recall what version you were previously using?

That's a tough question to answer. I usually try to keep all my programs up-to-date! Whatever was the latest version at the time I received Optimize is probably what I used. If there were updates after that (?) I probably downloaded them. I don't recall any changes around the time the problem took over. I simply booted up my computer one morning, clicked on Optimize and got the freeze. Sorry I can't be more exact. Thanks for trying to help!

That's a tough question to answer. I usually try to keep all my programs up-to-date! Whatever was the latest version at the time I received Optimize is probably what I used. If there were updates after that (?) I probably downloaded them. I don't recall any changes around the time the problem took over. I simply booted up my computer one morning, clicked on Optimize and got the freeze. Sorry I can't be more exact. Thanks for trying to help!

This is getting to be a real pain. I've tried everything I know to get this program to work and it's just not worth the trouble. This is the only program I have that is giving me a hard time. Frankly, I'd like to get rid of it. I have other similar programs that work just fine. It doesn't look like there's any easy fix and I've wasted too much time trying. How about settling this irritating problem the American Way with a refund??