Change Mode

problem with flash player and on line videos

Suddenly I can't view videos on youtube, I get the message that java script is turned off, or I need the latest flash player. The problem keeps on even after I install the latest player.

I suspect that maybe i got some bug, some virus or something, because this has happenned once before and I did have those, i had to go through all the procedure of removing viruses and spyware I was not aware of.

Help will be appriciated, Achilleas

Go to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level > Scripting and see if active scripting is enabled. If it isn't, enabling it should fix your problem. :)

• 1 year later...

If that doesn't fix it, download and run the Flash uninstall tool, then download and reinstall a new copy of Flash.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase...cfm?id=tn_14157

Hi all. I have had this same problem. About 8 or more times in the last month. Sometimes when I shutdown & reboot, my flash is not there. It tells me I need the lastest version. So I uninstall it & reinstall it & it works great. Until the next time is just messes up. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong. I am not puter savvy.

Also, I do have the active script enabled. I use EI. Any suggesstions/thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks! Cause seriously...................I really do sometimes look like this :pullhair:

To cure that type of problem I installed firefox and also IE7. If one has problems with files, I just use the other. i have an Icon on my desktop for each so I only need to click on the browser I wish to use. If FF doesnt work then usually IE7 does. As far as which is better, they are both the same, I cant say which is better because they both have problems.

Some Flash need special plugins which I usually do not allow to install.

Also you can look at the properties for the flash file/page and copy the url and then go directly to the server that its on and view it, this usually always works.

I've had this this problem for over a year. Flash intermittantly drops out and has to be re-installed. I remember IG advising me that he had the same problem. I now keep the uninstaller on the desktop. I only use ie7 - I'm not a Firefox fan and even after a fresh install the problem is still happening. I've played around with the security settings to no avail so if anyone does come up with a reason or better still a fix they deserve the prize for the tip of the month.

I have had this problem a lot in the recent couple of years.

What it is is a registry entry that gets deleted or corrupted.

It took me awhile, but I found that when I ran "Reg Scrub XP" to scan and fix registry errors, it deleted the flash entry.

Then I would have to uninstall and then do a clean reinstall.....for some reason simply reinstalling doesnt work.

Do google search or look on the adobe site, thats how I found it, I think

Ok i have had this problem before. I was using IE. i have since then been using firefox. It is a problem with adobe flash + internet explorer. There is ways to fix it but all togever internet explorer 7 hates flash player.

So i recommend use all get firefox 2 or 3