Sign in to follow this  
radio

Classifieds section on the Pit?

Classifieds?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nothing like adding a good spammers haven to a forum :rolleyes:

Why can't I vote "No"?

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

You did not choose a poll choice to vote against. Please go back and ensure you click on one of the radio buttons next to the choice you wish to vote for

Edited by EclipseWebJS2

Why can't I vote "No"?

try again, I wasn't aware that you had to vote in all three to make it work,

I added another choice for the 2nd & 3rd options

You ever try grilled spam and cheese? :wub: Edited by Chas47448

um you know I almost wanna change my vote now. :unsure:

I think the idea of admin(s) having the final say regardless if the number of posts is achieved is a very wise one, it's similar to what I've used previous, then each post is vetted prior to publishing for legal reasons etc making sure it is legitimate and legal, also we made the post so they can not be edited in that section so that it can't be said something was changed during the deal etc, but with the admin(s) holding the power to over ride the restrictions (post count) for sellers should they be prov-en to the site is good, such as said earlier long term members who aren't big posters etc, very fair way to go IMHO.

I guess it comes down to personal judgment. I do know there are some people on here I would not hesitate to purchase pc parts from. New people to the forum I probably would not buy from anyways.

Joe, if you'd like to change your vote, send a PM

eh....I was just looking for a reason to create another account legally

:rofl2::rofl2:

I think a 1000 posts isn't asking to much, the board's set up now and as far as I know, a long time in order to change the title under your av, might deter spammers too and then the "old timers" can sell/buy from trusted sources

Guest Trackrat

I think it is a good idea but I have been a member of this forum for 3 1/2 years but my post count is only 299, so if it went on a post count of 500 or above that would make me ineligible. A certain time registered on this forum would be fairer.

Having it go through Mods or Admin is a good idea.

I thought I would be in the majority with a NO vote. Shows to go ya what I know. :P

12 To Go

Edited by NascarFan19

Well I like going against the grain... :lol:

I say no..at least for now..but I'm sure smarter folks than me can figure out how to make it all work..

When I'm comfy with it..I'll back it 100%... :) v

It wouldn't be a prob if run right, volt. Weren't you kinda against the deals type posting at one time. Since that small section opened, no spam, no hassles.

Could be the same with a buy/sell/trade section. I've already done this with several members here, and went flawlessly.

JMHO, but what do I know?

I don't think 100 posts is enough to make me feel comfortable buying from or selling to anyone. I need to feel as if the individual has become a part of the Pitstop community before I'll feel comfortable enough to conduct business with them. 250 posts tells me the individual has at least been around for awhile, has begun to devote some time to our community and has perhaps gained a bit of credibility. I think the more the better, 250 seems like a good startng point to me.

People will also need to take responsibility for their own actions in that forum and not drag the Pit into any BS. This is not negotiable and we have to craft the rules for this new forum to protect the Pit from liability because, unfortunately, there will be people who will try.

At least that's my .02 cents worth... ;) -kd5-

It wouldn't be a prob if run right, volt. Weren't you kinda against the deals type posting at one time. Since that small section opened, no spam, no hassles.

Could be the same with a buy/sell/trade section. I've already done this with several members here, and went flawlessly.

JMHO, but what do I know?

You know me better than that... :lol:

I like covering all the pitfalls..and there are some on this one...its not as straight forword as it looks here...

The owners and my fellow mods know where I'm at on this... I'll abide by their wishes. :) v

And I by yours, my friend. We hope a new spot for those of us that swap parts can browse and shop, but up to you admins. I support whatever decision you come up with. :)

And I by yours, my friend. We hope a new spot for those of us that swap parts can browse and shop, but up to you admins. I support whatever decision you come up with. :)

Well radio has worked hard on this one...he always does.. :lol: my main thing is keeping the pitstop itself out of any courts..and i ain't even a dang lawyer... :mrgreen: I just do what feels right most of the time...that won't always cut it tho... :) v

i voted

seems like a good idea but as always people need to use thier noggins when buying from people over the net.

1000 posts seems reasonable to be able to post.

People will also need to take responsibility for their own actions in that forum and not drag the Pit into any BS. This is not negotiable and we have to craft the rules for this new forum to protect the Pit from liability because, unfortunately, there will be people who will try.

At least that's my .02 cents worth... ;) -kd5-

my main thing is keeping the pitstop itself out of any courts..and i ain't even a dang lawyer... :mrgreen:

Exactly why I suggested what I did earlier on, people using that section are agreeing (put in writing at the head of it say) that the pit has no part in their transaction and can hold no responsibility etc, and for the users to protect themselves to use signed for post as it gives proof of posting\receipt etc.

But ultimately post count wont make someone credible, you'll just feel more comfortable, at the end of the day if a person selling has not gained your trust then you aren't going to buy from them, no matter how many posts they have IMHO.

If there is concern about a seller being reputable or not, then just make it a Trading Post.

There is a group of forums all over the country called "Freecycle". I subscribe to my local one. It is for giving things away, and asking for needed items. There is no swapping, or bartering of any kind, only two categories:

OFFERED: Members may post items to give away as many times as they wish.

WANTED: Members may only ask for items once a month.

Sometimes the OFFERER will post TAKEN so he won't keep getting asked for the item.

Also, sometimes the person that got the item will post a RECEIVED, for the same reason.

We could do similar to that, but allow swapping and bartering with each person responsible for their own shipping or mailing costs. If we have a FOR SALE section, I think most members know who is responsible enough and honest enough to buy from, and subscribe to the Caveat Emptor principle, which is why a decent number of posts should be required before posting anything for sale. Also, the posts would have to be legitimate posts, not 100 jokes, or what's your favorite brand of socks, type posts in GD, etc.

JIMHGO :mrgreen:

Edited by thehulk18

Good idea Hulk, I've sent things to several to members here before (you know who you are) I don't ask for anything in returm but a barter would be kinda nice to offer too

Like Joe C I've sent hardware to various members of this site and some other sites all I've asked is postage/shipping :geezer: In those cases I've only asked for exactly what I had to pay to ship the item :sparkle: Though I voted for this can't imagine using it for anything I need :clap: