Sign in to follow this  
sudo

Can't send Executable file by attachment?

It's very often we come to face that while attaching an executable file send through Outlook or Gmail etc..we get a message that exe files can be contained viruses and this attachment may not be able to receive by the recipient.

Here is a way to avoid such thing.

Just add .jpg at the existing extension of the exe file (eg: setup.exe.jpg), and add a note to the recipient to remove the extension .jpg once they downloaded it.

no more frustrating messages while sending exe files.

Hope it's helpful :P

Just add .jpg at the existing extension of the exe file (eg: setup.exe.jpg)

There's one catch that I'm aware of, that a lot of antiviruses see the double extension, assume it's a virus, and automatically delete it.  That includes antiviruses running on the e-mail servers.  I suggest ZIPing and encrypting (password protecting) the exe, and including the password in the body of the e-mail.

If you are still in doubt that way, instead of adding 2 extension you can directly change the file extension .exe to .jpg or .tif something similar and inform the recipient to change it back to .exe

I've always managed to work around that limitation by changing the file name to .e1e or .z1p and then having the recipient change it back after downloading.