Sign in to follow this  
Bear

Any suggestions

on karaoke software, i have looked on sourceforge and googled so far nothing that looks promising

I'm pretty sure that nero can do that for you when you burn an audio cd. I think it works by removing anything thats equal on both channels, which isn't going to give you the best quality result. I suggest you just download the instrumental version of whatever songs you're looking to use for karaoke... or go to a store and buy some karaoke cds like we do.

I'll give Audacity a look, nero wont work unless there is a linux version i am unaware of

Bruce sent me a link as well but there seems to be little info on removing vocals, i am starting to wonder

if i am going about this the wrong way, I have seen several mentions of channels and such.

I suggest you just download the instrumental version of whatever songs you're looking to use for karaoke... or go to a store and buy some karaoke cds like we do.

The song i a trying to work with is White and Nerdy and i a unable to find the instrumental version from any pay d/l site i can find, and i can not justify buying a whole cd for just that one song, not to mention i can not find it at my local music stores anyway. if you know where i can get the one song please point me to it

See if you can find the instrumental for Ridin' Dirty. That should be relatively easy, and they both use the same beat.

i haven't found anything thta works remotely good for me, usually end up having to go buy a split track cd, vocals on one channel and music on the other.

There's a plugin for XMMS that does voice removal if I remember correctly.

The Audacity is a great application, but not what i need ( I installed it and will keep it though thanks)

I will give the xms plugin a look thanks again.

The Audacity is a great application, but not what i need ( I installed it and will keep it though thanks)

I will give the xms plugin a look thanks again.

Yes I believe it does do what you're looking for, though I don't know how easy it is to use (messing around with it right now).

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/manual-1.2/menu_effects.html See Noise Removal

Removing noise is a two-step process. In the first step, you select a portion of your sound which contains all noise and no signal,

I am assuming that speech and music are of a particular signal, and white noise or silence if you will is of another and thus can not be removed, i'll check it out though

Edited by Bear