Sign in to follow this  
dickster

Day 7 smoke free

Had my last cig last Tuesday night. Using Chantix, and the cravings haven't been that bad. Still there, but I'm able to keep going without a death stick. Hell week is almost over. :clap:

live long and breath well :clap:

i quit several years ago and i don't miss it, i smoked for 23 years, if i wouldn't have quit, by now i would be very sick!

i never knew how good food could taste or even how clean the air smelled, 23 years is a long time, i started when i was 10 years old and is why i never knew what life was like without smoking, just stop and say to your self that you are done.

Had my last cig last Tuesday night. Using Chantix, and the cravings haven't been that bad. Still there, but I'm able to keep going without a death stick. Hell week is almost over. :clap:

Congrats dickster.... What exactly is Chantix?? I've attempted to stop more than a couple times myself with no luck.....might be about time to try again.

Thanks for the link dickster.I too will be trin to quit.

Good luck and congrats for the past smoke free 7 days :tup:

In theory it's a very good drug. It binds specific receptors competetively and as an agonist....dual action.

Specifically it binds the α4β2 neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors which act to stimulate the central nervous mesolimbic dopamine system...the whole reinforcement and pleasure thing.

Any side effects? Just curious.

Good for you, and keep us posted. I for one am very excited for you.

Listed as possible side effects are nausea, changes in dreaming, constipation gas and vomiting. Haven't had any of those except gas. But that might have been the bean barrito. :)

Way to go Dickster.

Took me eight or nine tries before I finally smoked my last cigarette on on 3/30/02, after smoking for 38 years.

You will never regret quitting. Best of luck to you. :tup:

Good for you, dickster :)

I'm still on the cigarettes (have been for 26 years), and very am interested to see how this medication goes for you. Don't know that it's available here yet, it does appear to have a greater success rate than Xyban from what I can find. Keep it up - friends who have given up recently tell me that the three week mark is crucial.

Edited by SL10

SL10, me lady. This is a good drug that does dampen the urge. I still crave, but I can now control it.

Give me your hand and step accross the line. We can do this together.

live long and breath well :clap:

i quit several years ago and i don't miss it, i smoked for 23 years, if i wouldn't have quit, by now i would be very sick!

i never knew how good food could taste or even how clean the air smelled, 23 years is a long time, i started when i was 10 years old and is why i never knew what life was like without smoking, just stop and say to your self that you are done.

WTH!!!

good for you, dickster :clap: dont touch cancer sticks anymore, lol :mrgreen:

:geezer:

:tup::)

Good job quitting smoking :clap:

I could never smoke, I've seen what smoke does to the insides of a computer as well as a person. I love myself and my PC too much.

Congrats dickster, stick with it! It's been 2-1/2 years for me (and still counting), I wouldn't start that nasty crap again for anything... :boxing::) -kd5-

SL10, me lady. This is a good drug that does dampen the urge. I still crave, but I can now control it.

Give me your hand and step accross the line. We can do this together.

Dickster ..... not sure I'm ready to do this yet (and I want some Chantix). When I'm ready to cross that line, you'll be the first I let know. Thank you for the offer, kind sir :) I will be following your progress ;)

Good job Dickster, keep up the good work. April 1st was 17yrs for me. I went cold turkey after being a 3 pack a day man. :tup:

congrats Dickster :clap:

i stopped january 12 which was the morning of my quadruple bypass . i used the patch for the first month and then stopped that.

the biggest factor for me stopping was the doctor telling me to stop or be back in 5 years to have surgury again or be dead.

just hang in there , you can do it.

Go dickster, Go! I quit in Nov. 2001 after smoking for 35 years and being up to 2 1/2 packs a day....... :mrsgreen:

Good on ya'! keep up the good work man!

:geezer:

Congrats Dickster. I starting using Chantix at the end of Feb. this year,It's been a little over 2 months without a cig.I only used the first month script. It did cut the cravings down a lot.No noticable side effects.

doctor gave my girl chantix, my insurance didn't cover it so i didn't get it. she told us to start day 1 when you quit. it's supposted to have an 80% success rate.

either way though, i quit last month, cold turkey. u should be fine now m8, withdraw from nicotine only lasts about 4 days, the rest is just mental.

I once asked my friend why he was smoking when he quit a few days previous. He said he tried switching to gum but couldn't keep it lit. :lol:

Good luck dickster. :tup:

yes, sorry, meant to say "good job and good luck" also, LOL, sorry

WTH!!!

i grew up in Philadelphia, what i thought were my friends weren't really friends at all or they were just as nyaeve as i to get influenced into something so harmful and dangerous, evan now that i am smoke free i still regret ever starting.

i also think it affects a persons life mentally and physically that causes low success rates for everyday goals.

Keep it up dickster. I quit almost 9 years ago. It's wonderful

Finishing up on day 12, and still no poison going in my lungs. It's kinda amazing that there are no scratch marks on the walls. When I gave up drinking for a few weeks, I ripped grooves on most walls.

This is my last quit, and I will never smoke again.

N.O.P.E.

(Not One Puff Ever)

Brilliant progress, dickster :clap:

Glad to hear this is going well for you :)