Sign in to follow this  
EssexBiker

Help please - email settings not working correctly!

:h3lp: I think PC Pitstop is a great site. But I am getting quite exasperated by the number of email notifications I am getting every day! I have my email notifications set to daily digest - but I still seem to be getting an email notification for every new post posted on my watched topic! And this is driving me absolutely NUTS :pullhair:

And ironically (and very annoyingly too) considering the amount of notifications I am getting, this message is displayed on each notification: There may be more replies to this topic, but only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic. This is to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox. :pullhair:

So I would be most grateful if somebody would PLEASE tell me how to resolve this issue? Thanks.

Try this:

Click on My Controls in the upper right, then from the left menu bar, under Subscriptions, click on View Topics and unsubscribe from the topic that is sending the emails, then do the same for View Forums.

Try this:

Click on My Controls in the upper right, then from the left menu bar, under Subscriptions, click on View Topics and unsubscribe from the topic that is sending the emails, then do the same for View Forums.

So what are you saying? That changing the email notifications to Daily Digest in My Controls does not work and that the only way to stop receiving a notification every time a new post is posted is to unsubscribe from that topic completely? :pullhair:

Looks like Daily Digest might be part of the problem:

Enabling this option will automatically subscribe you to any topic you start or reply to.

Try disabling that and manually subscribing to only the topics you want to be notified about.

And yes, if you subscribe to a topic you will get a notification every time there is a new post.