Sign in to follow this  
iamscott

cant get cd out of case

i bought pc pitstop optimize through tigerdirect. i just received it a few minutes ago but can't get the cd out of the case. i don't want to break the cd. in the middle of the cd is a black "thing" (for lack of a better term) that is, more, or less, square-shaped, with a number 3 on it. i was going to scan it so people know what i mean. should i do that?

If you can't release the CD by either pressing in the center of the black thing, or lifting the edges of the black thing, an image would be helpful. However, you can begin using the program, and with the latest version, by downloading from our customer service page and then activating the program with your license key from Tiger Direct.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

If you can't release the CD by either pressing in the center of the black thing, or lifting the edges of the black thing, an image would be helpful. However, you can begin using the program, and with the latest version, by downloading from our customer service page and then activating the program with your license key from Tiger Direct.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

thanks. i was going to do a scan but wasn't sure whether, or not, a scan would ruin the cd. where do i get a license key? do i just download it and then use it instead of the cd? i tried getting the cd out but i can't. my version is 1.5, btw.

I have never actually had a Tiger Direct product in my hand, but I understand there is either a slip of paper in the case or a label on the CD or the case with the license key. They may call it a serial number, etc.

It will start with an upper case "P" and be in this format: Pxxxx-xxxxxx. The hyphen in the middle is part of the key and must be included. Due to production and distribution time, the version is probably 1.5.10.8. We have 1.5.11.2 available for download.

Scanning just runs light over the front of the CD, and as far as I know there is no magnetic field that could do damage, but I could be wrong. I would think the magnetism from the scanner would be no greater than the magnetism from the motor in the CD player. I looked through my CD cases and I think I found a similar one. Have you tried pulling up on two opposite corners of the square?

I have never actually had a Tiger Direct product in my hand, but I understand there is either a slip of paper in the case or a label on the CD or the case with the license key. They may call it a serial number, etc.

It will start with an upper case "P" and be in this format: Pxxxx-xxxxxx. The hyphen in the middle is part of the key and must be included. Due to production and distribution time, the version is probably 1.5.10.8. We have 1.5.11.2 available for download.

Scanning just runs light over the front of the CD, and as far as I know there is no magnetic field that could do damage, but I could be wrong. I would think the magnetism from the scanner would be no greater than the magnetism from the motor in the CD player. I looked through my CD cases and I think I found a similar one. Have you tried pulling up on two opposite corners of the square?

i have an invoice, or whatever it is, that was in the box. on it is an order number that reads p848328700022. only thing i've seen anywhere, so far, that starts with a p. i'll keep looking.

here's a scan. probably won't help.

Posted Image

sorry, i did the url to the scan wrong. it should be:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7803/optimizecdco1.th.jpg

i see some letters/numbers on the back of the case that read:

opt2007d01

might this be the license key?

sorry i didn't edit my message(s) but it takes time before they appear. i can't edit them right away.

some things i thought to ask:

is 1.5.9.0 the latest version of optimize?

what should i choose for maximum rated download speed? (currently set to 1mbit-3bit; i have dsl-connection speed is 100 mbps.)

what should i choose for connection type? lan, cable, dsl, satellite, isdn, t1 (safe) or lan, cable, dsl, satellite, isdn, t1 (max)?

btw, i found my license key (behind the cd) which i entually got out. in case i didn't ask are there (yearly) fees (i.e.; updates, upgrades, etc) for optimize? still trying to find a a place where i can purchase disk md with a money order. so far, no luck. your store doesn't accept money orders, right?

Edited by iamscott