Sign in to follow this  
caintry_boy

Ever have "Days" like this?

Browsing the Abit website and discovered a new Beta BIOS for the AW9D-Max and thought.....well I'm sending it back anyway.......

Famous last thoughts!

Flash from floppy went perfectly, cleared CMOS by unplugging and pulling battery. Replaced battery and fired up, went directly to BIOS and set up a nice O/C, reboot........WTH?!? it's running at stock speed. Shut down everything restart and go into BIOS, set up another nice O/C, reboot.......WTH!?!?!?.....it's running @ stock again!! After about 8 tries I thought hell with this!, I'm flashing back, more FLT's....... :mrsgreen:

Flashed back over to BIOS 1.3, the original BIOS the mobo came with, cleared CMOS again for the "100TH" time....replaced all and restarted. Zip! Zilch! Nada! Black screen and error code 2A whatever the hell that is.....after about another "100 times" clearing CMOS, finally pulled the battery and went and planted a whole garden, corn, tomatoes, habanero peppers, green beans, the whole lot. Came back after 6 hrs. and replaced all, restart, and again Nada! O.K. got BIOS 1.4 layin' around here somewhere, lets try that! Flash went perfectly again, 3rd time in a row, I'm gettin' good..... :shifty: clear CMOS for the "500th time" and restart..........it POSTS, and into BIOS we go to set up RAID and reset everything again....reboot and.......need to set up video drivers again, somehow got uninstalled.....reboot and here I am after a few more minor adjustments.....

GLORY HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!! :surrender:

Now I just know that none of y'all ever had a day like that....... :laughing:

Nope. Not me. :mrsgreen: Never had anything like that happen.... :rolleyes:

to a motherboard.... :rofl2:

No can't say I've ever had a day like that Caintry. Sure hope I never do either! :lol:

Well almost did, had an old board that came with an IBM, it took we days to realized that board was faulty lol....

Sorry C_B, but :rofl2::lol:

No CB I never did plant a garden. The other might apply though. :lol:

Well, I can laugh about it now, but there was a time today I just wanted to pull the vid card hook up my old 350W PSU and throw water on the darn thing but a calmer head prevailed. Sho' was frustratin' tho'......... Posted Image

:geezer:

when i couldnt get this e4300 workin i nearly blew a gasket, so i know your pain caintry

I've had a worst day... yesterday to be exact. My 7950 Died... bumped the card and its now only displaying red or just fades and I get nothing... So I'm setting up RMA on that... I get my old PC out and fire it up, hangs afters the windows load screen. No problem, Fresh install.... everything is fine... Install all mobo drivers, reboot; Intall GFX driver... I get a black screen with a semi curropted image, just a black screen with some u all over the screen. Reboot, Windows freezes after load screen splash again. :pullhair: It just not possible. 2GFX's in one day... and I don't have any spares. My 6800nu works fine until I install the GFX drivers... its got me stumped. I don't get any GFX issues in post or anything, only when installing the driver.. and I've tryed 5 drivers already :pullhair:

And no, it ain't funny yet...

That'll make ya' "gray" before your time LuisGT.....!...

Still "buffaloed" as to why it wouldn't let me O/C on the new Beta BIOS......It didn't appear that anything in BIOS even changed for all I could see....... :blink:

I think I'm already turning grey...

Doing a second reformat, and cleaned the core with Rubbing alcohol and reaplyed thermal greese.... Heres hoping.

day ago i had windows problems lol

i just got a new desk and stuff and was puting it togther and i push the button on front of my tower to shut it off because no screen was on it at that point.

so i got the desk put togther and everything the way it should be and i booted the computer up than it said something about checkdisk and started scaning and it found problems about the apherhis file or what ever it is lol

than it said it fixed it and it went to the vista welcome screen and stayed there stuck:(

so i had to reinstall windows vista and it didint want to see my raid lol

even with the right drivers lol

than i got it working and it was in the middle of the setup and blue screened for no reson lol

so i had to do the setup over again lol

than it said about a error lol.

so i figure i take one memory out and boot with one and stock settings and it went right threw lol

but ya weird how stuff happens lol

because when the lights go out nothing kills anything and windows loads lol

but ya i never push the button when the computer is on lol i should of just hook the monitor back up or shut it down from windows befor i removed the monitor lol

good thing all my stuff saved and was on the drives:)

Dude! I think there must be a demon in this sucka'! Was running at 425 FSB and running some benchies and now it won't let me reset back to stock. I've tried about 5 times now and it reverts back to the O/C........ :blink:

Wassup with that??????? :surrender:

:geezer:

Well, So far my re-reformat of winblows is working on my side... installing a game to stress test it...

Good luck CB... I knew I stayed away from that board for a reason :P

J/K

But good luck

Caintry the funny thing about beta's is it may have a fix for one thing and screw up a few others

as for the not resetting back to stock ........ had that happen a few times .......... had to clear CMOS and remove battery for a few minutes

Yeah, that did the trick but when I went back into BIOS and reset everything, it wouldn't even POST. Cleared CMOS again with jumper and battery and here I am. Wierd stuff. Gonna get off here lights been going off, must be storming somewhere or I forgot to pay the bill.... :yikes:

Browsing the Abit website and discovered a new Beta BIOS for the AW9D-Max and thought.....well I'm sending it back anyway.......

Famous last thoughts!

Flash from floppy went perfectly, cleared CMOS by unplugging and pulling battery. Replaced battery and fired up, went directly to BIOS and set up a nice O/C, reboot........WTH?!? it's running at stock speed. Shut down everything restart and go into BIOS, set up another nice O/C, reboot.......WTH!?!?!?.....it's running @ stock again!! After about 8 tries I thought hell with this!, I'm flashing back, more FLT's....... :mrsgreen:

Flashed back over to BIOS 1.3, the original BIOS the mobo came with, cleared CMOS again for the "100TH" time....replaced all and restarted. Zip! Zilch! Nada! Black screen and error code 2A whatever the hell that is.....after about another "100 times" clearing CMOS, finally pulled the battery and went and planted a whole garden, corn, tomatoes, habanero peppers, green beans, the whole lot. Came back after 6 hrs. and replaced all, restart, and again Nada! O.K. got BIOS 1.4 layin' around here somewhere, lets try that! Flash went perfectly again, 3rd time in a row, I'm gettin' good..... :shifty: clear CMOS for the "500th time" and restart..........it POSTS, and into BIOS we go to set up RAID and reset everything again....reboot and.......need to set up video drivers again, somehow got uninstalled.....reboot and here I am after a few more minor adjustments.....

GLORY HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!! :surrender:

Now I just know that none of y'all ever had a day like that....... :laughing:

i'm having a day EXACTLY like that. Funny that i was searching and you had the same problem.. whenever i turn off my computer it goes back to default.. no matter what. I'm running the new bios from abit.com.tw 's site (bios 1.5) and it fixed my dead dimm3 slot but not this thing. I'm going to try putting a brand new battery in the cmos tonight when i get home. GRR.

make sure the CMOS jumper is on tight or snug

i remember mine was kinda loose and tweaked the pins to tighten it up

make sure the CMOS jumper is on tight or snug

i remember mine was kinda loose and tweaked the pins to tighten it up

ya i was planning as actually wiring up the cmos jumper to an external area on my case because i'm tired of taking off the side of the case every time it craps out. Which is always right after I think i've gotten it stable. :pullhair:

I just recently had a computer nightmare :fear::yikes:

I had a Dell about 7 months ago and I hated it, so I thought I would upgrade the case and give it a better look. I forgot that it had a BTX motherboard and I got an ATX case. So I went out and had to buy a new motherboard and a cheap air cooler to make it work with my new case. I got it up and running, the cooler broke and fell off and the CPU went up to 80C and shut down. So I used this excuse to order a water cooling kit online. I got one from Amazon and the guy who sold it to me didn't expect me to notice all of the cracks on the waterblock and tank. Lucky I tested it outside my PC. So I went to CompUSA, and got a new water cooling kit. The "self-priming" pump didn't work right so I had to prime it myself. So I put it all together finally and turned on my PC and the hard drive chose that moment to die. i used this as an excuse to go get a Raptor. When I tried to install Windows, my XP CD wouldn't work, it was scratched. So I went and got Vista. Finally it was running, but I was getting random bluescreens, it took me a while to figure out that the motherboard was undervolting my RAM. I fixed that and I was still having problems, my PSU was too weak. So I went and ordered a 700w PSU. Finally, everything is running. About 5 months WITHOUT A PC. :pullhair::pullhair::pullhair: And most of this was done with money that I borrowed from my parents, I still owe them.

ya i was planning as actually wiring up the cmos jumper to an external area on my case because i'm tired of taking off the side of the case every time it craps out. Which is always right after I think i've gotten it stable. :pullhair:

i have the Guru Panel on mine . has a CMOS switch on it along with on the fly OC'ing ability and handy display read outs of Speeds voltages etc .............works great

I just recently had a computer nightmare :fear::yikes:

I had a Dell about 7 months ago and I hated it, so I thought I would upgrade the case and give it a better look. I forgot that it had a BTX motherboard and I got an ATX case. So I went out and had to buy a new motherboard and a cheap air cooler to make it work with my new case. I got it up and running, the cooler broke and fell off and the CPU went up to 80C and shut down. So I used this excuse to order a water cooling kit online. I got one from Amazon and the guy who sold it to me didn't expect me to notice all of the cracks on the waterblock and tank. Lucky I tested it outside my PC. So I went to CompUSA, and got a new water cooling kit. The "self-priming" pump didn't work right so I had to prime it myself. So I put it all together finally and turned on my PC and the hard drive chose that moment to die. i used this as an excuse to go get a Raptor. When I tried to install Windows, my XP CD wouldn't work, it was scratched. So I went and got Vista. Finally it was running, but I was getting random bluescreens, it took me a while to figure out that the motherboard was undervolting my RAM. I fixed that and I was still having problems, my PSU was too weak. So I went and ordered a 700w PSU. Finally, everything is running. About 5 months WITHOUT A PC. :pullhair::pullhair::pullhair: And most of this was done with money that I borrowed from my parents, I still owe them.

Welcome to the World of the never ending upgrade. :D We're as bad as Golfers. :D Edited by tarawa