http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814130038 im going to get this card but i dont know if my comp will handel it here are my specs

http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/5021/5021sp3.shtml

but i added 1.512 of RAM in it and a Wireless internet card right now im useing a radeon X1300 and it runs great but yea will my computer handel it??? and just tell me what i need to make it play on my comp (i might need a new power supply but will it just handel it for a month or two becuase i plan on buying a different one anyway and also i got 3 fans in my comp which i added so that helps out with the heating

so once i get the 8800 will i be able to play BF 2142 and all that type of stuff to MAX settings??? i think my pentium 4 HT 3.0 is good enough right??? to last me for a while

No 112f (44c) on a X1300 is fine.

I would be very surprised if that Gateway power supply will run that 8800GTS.

Look on the PSU's sticker and see if it offers a Max Wattage for it and post back.

Thats what I thought. You could try it but I see alot of problems in your near future.

It being a Gateway PC (case size)I cant recommend a better PSU for you.It may not fit and it could void your warranty too.

was hearing things about people having a Mobo that wont support the 8800 even if they have a PCI E slot there saying there mobo is to old... do you think my mobo could handel it? it was made around 2005.... and would that psu that you said about will it work with my comp??? i have a very large case and a small mobo lol

The 8800GTS 320 really doesn't offer much over an X1900, so if you want something that will decidely outperform the X1900, go for the 640MB version of the 8800GTS.

http://techreport.com/reviews/2006q4/gefor...0/index.x?pg=16

Everyone here seems to believe that you need an ultra-powerful power supply to run the 8800, which simply isn't true. I'm getting by fine with a 520W power supply that I got for $50, and I have overclocked almost everything in my system.

Any power supply that can handle an X1900 can easily handle an 8800.

Edited by brandon

what would be the cheapist 640MB out there???? and just wondering will the 320MB be good for the crysis game?? like will it be able to play it with full settings

The cheapest is around $400 I think. The only reason to get the 320MB GTS over the X1900 is for DirectX 10. That's the only advantage it has. They X1900 and 8800GTS 320 trade blows in most games, and they're both similarly priced, with the X1900 having more video memory.

so in all words i should just save and get the 640MB then ?? and it so which brand should i go with ( want the cheapist but one that is worth the money to get like evga or Xfx

why do people go to new egg and buy stuff when they can go to ebay and buy a 8800gts for like 150$ and save 300$??? (yes i bought from ebay before and igot mine stuff before