Sign in to follow this  
NascarFan19

Virginia Tech Shootings

Shocking, my sympathies

this turns into an anti-gun thread in

Ive been listening to this and still as I type. Im am sickened. I just dont know. there are no words for something like this.

One more thing added to the handbasket.

Selfishly Im glad that my oldest is attending VTC.

Another dark day to be added to our history. So sad, Prayers for those affected by this pointless tragedy.

That's just terrible. My prayers go out to all the people affected by this tragedy.

Before Monday, the deadliest school shootings came in 1966 and 1999.

:(

31 confirmed now.

Ive been to that campus a few times years ago.I cant believe he managed to go from one side to the other without being stopped?That campus is hugh!

From VT.edu: "At about 7:15 a.m. this morning a 911 call came to the University Police Department concerning an event in West Ambler Johnston Hall. There were multiple shooting victims. While in the process of investigating, about two hours later the university received reports of a shooting in Norris Hall. The police immediately responded. Victims have been transported to various hospitals in the immediate area in the region to receive emergency treatment."

Two hours?

TWO FREAKING HOURS

Sometimes I do wonder who trains these guys....You have a murder scene with multiple victims and you dont lock down the campus searching for the shooter?

They are having a press conferance now and the Officer is not SAYING, but kinda insinuates there may have been two shooters.

And in the post before someone said they had been there and how huge of a campus it is... hmm, I wonder as it is so very very bad that I dont think one could do it...

just breaks my heart... very sad.

what msn.com is showing.

Posted Image

2 shooters would make more sense givein the time differences.

The shootings, which rang out just four days before the eighth anniversary of the Columbine High School shooting

33 dead confirmed :mrsgreen:

Edited by OneCool

Yes, It does make more sence that its more than one. But ya know the press and public really need to let these people investigate! Thats one of my personal peeves is that the public needs to know right up to date minute by minute when these people need to be concentrating on what the hell just happened and not on setting up a press conference.

thats my two cents.

....this turns into an anti-gun thread in

Oh, what's the point?

I feel very, very sorry for all of those personally touched by this tragic madness :(

shocking, terrible, what a tragedy :( I feel for the familes and survivors, I wonder how this could go on for 2 hours, at first they said in news ( cbs news live right now )that one dead several wounded, but that was this am, an now we find out so many, many more dead. and injured. so sad :(

Wife had cataract surgery today in K.C., as we walked into the office they had two large flat screen HDTV's running and this was all that was on. When we got there they were saying 1 confirmed dead and 20 wounded/victims. As I sat and watched/listened it just kept getting worse and worse and they were saying that the police had taken a suspect into custody.......then a few minutes later they said the suspected shooter was dead.......not too sure anyone knew just what was going on.....and of course the death toll kept climbing.

Gives me chills to read the story in the link that OneCool posted and know that he took so many lives and no one was able to stop him....... :mrsgreen:

Our prayers are with the families and victims at this time.

:geezer:

Thats outrages whats happening to the young

time to beef up security in the education system

put some of homeland security funds.money into

education security system scanners or sniffers

anything to protect the young they are the future

Thats outrages whats happening to the young

time to beef up security in the education system

put some of homeland security funds.money into

education security system scanners or sniffers

anything to protect the young they are the future

I would have to say that your sentiments are a natural reaction to what has happened. But to spend more money for security would be foolish, you can't stop evil deeds. This is the world we live in all we can do is adjust to it. Remember last year when the car was used as a weapon on Campus and several were run over and killed. No matter what you prohibit or scan for you only force an evildoer to change his methods not his intent. To me that is the sad reality of it.

A campus like that is spread over thousands of acres. I don't think that locking them down with security is really realistic.

It isn't the campus that is the problem.