Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signman

Copying Excel file

Hey guys, I'm trying to copy an Excel file into CorelDraw to print to a wide format printer. I have always been able to do this. For some reason today, I am unsuccessful. The Excel file has a-z beginning over with aa columns..or in other words about 29 columns up and down. When I select all of the sheet with the mouse then select copy from the edit menu, it is copied onto the clipboard like it is supposed to be. When I paste it into Coreldraw, I don't get all of the columns....it cuts off the last 4 or 5 columns. Anybody have any idea why this is happening? Basicaly, what I am trying to achieve is a printed sheet the size of a cork pinnup board about 4 feet x 6 feet. I have done this before. Wonder why it don't work now?

You must check all the settings you used in the past, and make sure they are unchanged.

Lots of times I will change a setting a small amount and then find that it changes everything I do after that.

Are you the only one who uses that computer?

:P

Yes, I am the only one the uses this whole area. A large signmaking area with 2 large 60 inch wide format printers and a 42 inch vinyl cutter. Nothing has changed as far as my settings goes. The only thing that has changed is the file I'm trying to copy has more columns on this sheet than the last one had. I thought it might be a page break causing it but all page breaks are removed to provide 1 sheet printing. :shrug:

Ok.....I think I have solved the problem. I readjusted the column widths to a smaller size and it appears that I am able to copy the whole sheet this time. I have some adjustments to make to my graphics but I should be able to print what I am looking for. Thanks theoldgardener for your help. :)