Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest_Paul_*

Vista Update

Guest Guest_Paul_*

How much longer before we have an update for using Optimizer with Windows Vista?

It should be available any day now. We are in the final stages of testing.

Guest Guest_Kelly_*

It should be available any day now. We are in the final stages of testing.

when will it be ready for vista??? we've been waiting toooooo long!!!

Sorry, but we still don't have the release date pinned down. I apologize for how long it has taken, and we thank you for your patience.

Guest Guest

OK it updated today, but skipped a couple of tests, and it says windows vista beside the ones it skipped. How come??

Windows Vista was designed to handle the Internet settings dynamically, one of the improvements over Windows XP. With Vista, there is no longer any need for Optimize to adjust those settings, as Vista does a very good job, so Optimize will skip those scans if Vista is detected.

Guest Guest

Windows Vista was designed to handle the Internet settings dynamically, one of the improvements over Windows XP. With Vista, there is no longer any need for Optimize to adjust those settings, as Vista does a very good job, so Optimize will skip those scans if Vista is detected.

Ok .. Thanks.. just curious..

Even though Vista was designed to handle internet connections better thn XP. Its internet connection still needs to be improved. And since PC Optimized. Will not optimized the internet settings. It may be better to not use or get optimize. But to sppedguide.net and download the tcp optimizer. it does an excellent job. One note though if you use ppope etc. Do not ste it for ppoe settings etc. Keep the MTU at 1500 if you are using any version of Vista. Belive me your speed up and down will inprove.

Had I known that PC Optimize would skip the internet optimization I would not have got it. I will be giving it away to someone who still have xp

Had I known that PC Optimize would skip the internet optimization I would not have got it. I will be giving it away to someone who still have xp

I looked up your order.

You bought Optimize on 11/29/2005. This is 4/17/2007. That was 16 months ago. Vista was still called Longhorn.

So you're saying that 16 months ago if you had known there was no need in Vista for Optimize to tweak the Internet settings you wouldn't have bought the product.

I looked up your order.

You bought Optimize on 11/29/2005. This is 4/17/2007. That was 16 months ago. Vista was still called Longhorn.

So you're saying that 16 months ago if you had known there was no need in Vista for Optimize to tweak the Internet settings you wouldn't have bought the product.

I looked up your order.

First, I like my Optimize very much! I appreciate everything it does. If Vista doesn't need Internet tweaking...that to me is a plus for Vista. At the moment I won't go near Vista until it becomes more stable.

But your comment about purchasing OPtimize on 11/29/2005 was a bit off IMHO. Why bother to dignify the complaint by saying anything other than that in 2005 Optimize didn't even support Vista. It's a moot point. Or am I missing something?