Change Mode

Double Vision or Bad Monitor?

I bought a new HP 22" monitor and I am seeing double. Whatever I am looking at on screen, I can see a shadow of it just to the right. I really am having this problem mostly with text.

Can anyone help? Here are my test results if there is anything here that might help:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=KJ6LFWGZ3GWST6QJ

I have tried different resolutions and I get the same results.

Thanks for your help Pit members.

Is the connector cable plugged all the way in?

The cabe is plugged in snugly, however that brings up something. When I bought this monitor they didn't send me a DVI cable only VGA. So I am using an adapter. I wonder if this could be the problem.

Edited by frogsnot

What about the refresh rate or maybe different drivers

What about the cable it self?

it has been my experience that cheaper cables are poorly shielded

Edited by Bear

Set refresh rate to 60 Hertz, also set Display - Appearance Tab - Effects - Select Clear Type on the drop down menu - OK - Apply.

The problem is due to "ringing", which can be due to a design flaw, or a poor cable or ground, or a bad component or solder joint in the monitor.  With a new monitor, I'd be inclined to take it to a TV (not computer) repair shop, and have them hook up a video pattern generator via the VGA connector, then the DVI connector.  They'd know within a minute flat if the monitor has a problem, and if it's restricted to the VGA input.

Or, presuming your computer has a DVI connector, try a DVI cable to see if the problem is resolved.  If not, the fault is definitely in the monitor itself.

(Edit:  It is possible, but unlikely, that the adapter is the cause.)

Edited by TomGL2