Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signman

I'm Stumped

Rather long so please be patient..

I have a XP Pro machine and a W2K Pro machine networked together at work. Attached to the W2K machine is a LaCie Firewire external hard drive. I have it mapped to the XP machine as Z drive. I also have a partitioned G drive that is mapped also. It's been this way for over a year and I haven't had any problems....that is until today.

I installed a program on the W2K machine that required the .net framework files, which were installed from the program disk. After a reboot, now my mapped drives don't show up on my XP machine. When I tryed to find them from my network connections, they don't show up either. From the W2k machine, I have access to all my drives on the XP machine. I don't understand what has happened. All my settings are the same. Sharing hasn't changed either. Workgroups are the same. All I remember seeing was a connection error on the XP machine when I rebooted the W2k machine after the software installation. There is also an icon in the systray on the W2k machine that says SQL server and an indication that it is not connected. This has never been on there before so I guess the software put it there. Is there something I'm missing here? It's got to be something simple we're not seeing. My last several hours at work has been a nightmare. Can anybody give me some suggestions I can try Monday morning? I'm not looking forward to going in Monday at all! Thanks for any replies :geezer:

Problem is now solved.. all I did was create new shares for my drives and that put me back to where I was before the software installation. :banana: