Change Mode

New to overclocking and having problems

Hey I am new on this board and also to overclocking, which is why I came to this board in the first place. I have messed around a little with overclocking, but every time I get try to overclock to at least 2.8 GHz my computer will lockup and restart...(My system specs. will be at the bottom) So far I have it clocked at 2.7 GHz and it runs fine, but I am still trying to get past that so I can play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. at the maximum graphic levels.

probably the memory maxing out, try using you multiplier on the memory in bios, it will say like 800fsb at stock speeds and whan you up it to 2.8 the memory ups that high also, you should be able to lower the memory to 800-850 fsb and have the processor at 3.0+ easily. ALLEN

probably the memory maxing out, try using you multiplier on the memory in bios, it will say like 800fsb at stock speeds and whan you up it to 2.8 the memory ups that high also, you should be able to lower the memory to 800-850 fsb and have the processor at 3.0+ easily. ALLEN

Would that be controlled by the ratio option in my bios? It says something like Ram to CPU ratio and has the options 1:1 2:3 3:5 if I remember correctly with each one being labeled like DDR 333 DDR 667 DDR 800 or something like that...