Sign in to follow this  
EclipseWebJS2

Problem with Ad-Aware

:sparkle: Is it still saying that?......have you tried again?

This started happening on both of my desktops and my wife's laptop. I tried to connect to get updates 3 days ago and got that message. I'm still getting that error message. I uninstalled and reinstalled on my own desktop to see if that would rectify it. All that did was make the definitions 53 days old instead of 23. Still get that error.

:huh:

This started happening on both of my desktops and my wife's laptop. I tried to connect to get updates 3 days ago and got that message. I'm still getting that error message. I uninstalled and reinstalled on my own desktop to see if that would rectify it. All that did was make the definitions 53 days old instead of 23. Still get that error.

EDIT: UPDATE. Started to work OK today!

Its just a temporary server issue, wait a few hours or so, try again, works fine for me..But had that happen before to me and Adaware emailed me back, said" just a server overload, wait a while an re-try" :)

Edited by Wademan

Ad-aware lost their #1 position at Download.com's Top 10 list several weeks ago, if they want to get back on top one of the things they're going to need to do is resolve that "server overload" issue. They're already working on a new version of Ad-aware (in beta), resolving any server issues they're having would be a big plus. -kd5-

resolving any server issues they're having would be a big plus. -kd5-

Agreed :geezer: we'll see :huh:

:sparkle: Is it still saying that?......have you tried again?

I have tried a half dozen times or more ang keep getting the same message over and over again.

I keep getting "Error retrieving update" when I check for updates.

What did I do?

I still get the message and just gave up and removed the program. In a few months or so I may try it again. Thank you for your help

:nono::nono::nono: I know what you mean. I've done the same thing. I]ve taken it out three times and reinstalled it only tohave the same problem again and again. I took it out again and will leave it out for a month or so. Thank you for your help

Its just a temporary server issue, wait a few hours or so, try again, works fine for me..But had that happen before to me and Adaware emailed me back, said" just a server overload, wait a while an re-try" :)

It's more then a server problem. I've tried on several days and have the same problem. If I wait a an hour or more or a day or more it makes no difference. It's been going on for a week. I've taken it out and will wait for a month or so before I try again.

Thank you for your help.

I had this problem after I set up my computer to use

Open DNS...

How I get the updates is to change my DNS server to

obtain server address automatically.

After I get the update I go back into Internet Protocol

(TCP/IP) Properties and change my DNS server addresses

to what it was before..

Mine is :

Preferred DNS server 208.67.222.222

Alternate DNS server 208.67.220.220