built it for a company this thing runs my pc in the dirt.

link

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=JAG0FWM4BJWSNUCJ

Results from similar systems by pc pitstop

-------------------------------------Clock MHZ-----CPU Score----Memory Score----Disk Score

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+ 2833------18157---------11198--------------128

AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 Dual Core------2800------17669---------10859----------------67

AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 Dual Core------2800------17322---------10857----------------63

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+-2800------17677---------10806-----------------50

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+-2800------17412---------10646-----------------57

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+-2800------17718---------10935-----------------93

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+-2800------17544---------10964-----------------58

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5600+-2800------17583---------10893-----------------49

AMD Dual Core AMD Opteron 165---2800-------17598---------10841-----------------67

AMD Dual Core AMD Opteron 170---2800-------17792---------10876-----------------56

Intel Pentium D------------------------2800---------8660-----------6674-----------------46

Intel Xeon------------------------------2800---------9292-----------6273-----------------41

Hey you tell me what you like the 5200 or what?

Edited by remotewizz

I still like my old one, not a whole lot of difference between the 939 and the AM2 it seems. :)

Posted Image

3000 on air. :geezer:

I still like my old one, not a whole lot of difference between the 939 and the AM2 it seems. :)

You overclocked your pc to 47% I only overclocked at 10%

Ido not wish to overclock then have to go through all that *#@^.

if i did oc to 47% i would be over 3000 MHZ

Posted Image

3000 on air. :geezer:

Edited by remotewizz

let's see, there's the <> Opteron <> Duron <> Athlon <> Xeon <> Sempron <> and the Sempron is the lower end of the market, making the what, Athlon the best? I know that an AMD Sempron 3400+ is about the equivalent to a Athlon XP 3000+ one being about ~1995MHz (sempron) and the other ~2026MHz (Athlon) I've got the Sempron 3400+ up to ~2600MHz nominal speed before and it was fairly stable... So what the <> Athlon <> would be the Lexus of AMD processors right? It's obvious that its better one's a 3000+ and one's a 3400+ I was just wondering the order that they would be arranged (from least to greatest)

off the subject though, there isn't a game that utilizes the core 2 yet?

and even further off the subject, REMOTEWIZZ, I have "the official redhat LINUX user's guide," I know nothing about LINUX at all but I was wondering if I installed LINUX w/t SLACKWARE 3.0 would that be anywhere up to date? keep in mind that I know nothing about LINUX...

Edited by add=2distract

let's see, there's the <> Opteron <> Duron <> Athlon <> Xeon <> Sempron <> and the Sempron is the lower end of the market, making the what, Athlon the best? I know that an AMD Sempron 3400+ is about the equivalent to a Athlon XP 3000+ one being about ~1995MHz (sempron) and the other ~2026MHz (Athlon) I've got the Sempron 3400+ up to ~2600MHz nominal speed before and it was fairly stable... So what the <> Athlon <> would be the Lexus of AMD processors right? It's obvious that its better one's a 3000+ and one's a 3400+ I was just wondering the order that they would be arranged (from least to greatest)

off the subject though, there isn't a game that utilizes the core 2 yet?

and even further off the subject, REMOTEWIZZ, I have "the official redhat LINUX user's guide," I know nothing about LINUX at all but I was wondering if I installed LINUX w/t SLACKWARE 3.0 would that be anywhere up to date? keep in mind that I know nothing about LINUX...

SLACKWARE 3.0 is the latest all though try to compile the traditional Hello, world program on Linux,

the compiler can't find `iostream.h'. What's the deal?"

You

Obviously do have the Slackware 3.0 release. There's an error in the

setup. It's easy to fix, though; log in as root, and make a symbolic

link:

ln -s /usr/lib/g++-include /usr/include/g++

ps good luck if you have the latest g++ and libg++ ready for download.

pps ok I see no one will rest untill I see what this 5200+ will OC too I will do it and make a new post later untill then don't do anything i would do! lol later!

Edited by remotewizz

SLACKWARE 3.0 is the latest all though try to compile the traditional Hello, world program on Linux,

the compiler can't find `iostream.h'. What's the deal?"

You

Obviously do have the Slackware 3.0 release. There's an error in the

setup. It's easy to fix, though; log in as root, and make a symbolic

link:

ln -s /usr/lib/g++-include /usr/include/g++

ps good luck if you have the latest g++ and libg++ ready for download.

pps ok I see no one will rest untill I see what this 5200+ will OC too I will do it and make a new post later untill then don't do anything i would do! lol later!

ops back to the 1st question lol the list seems long so I wil start and end with the Athlon from best to last 64FX 4X4, 64FX AM2, 64 X2 AM2, 64 X2 939, 64 AM2, 64 939

I got ya beat with my new Air cooled Pc.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=DWX0FWUD3WWSP0CJ

Oh yea.

and i dont even have my Crossfire kit yet.

that all u got :boxing:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=L660FW3L1JWSKHCJ

:geezer:

little better http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=FHH0FW3L1JWSU7CJ

my core 2 http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=P8EJFW30UCWSMECJ

Edited by mramd

I can't understand why ppl buy/install dual core processors because there is no software out there that utilizes them. No games, nothing.

The best thing to do for everyone without dual core is to wait until dual core becomes the norm, when games etc actually need dual core to run.

By the time this day comes the Dual Core Cpu's will be a 1/4 of the price.

.......or am i missing something.

Edited by WorkingClassHero

I can't understand why ppl buy/install dual core processors because there is no software out there that utilizes them. No games, nothing.

The best thing to do for everyone without dual core is to wait until dual core becomes the norm, when games etc actually need dual core to run.

Its fun to show off. Edited by MR HOOKS

I'm a small time programmer, and I also do 3d rendering on the side. Having an extra core free is great. I can be rendering with one core, and compile a program on the other. However, I bought the cheapest available at the time.

However, I think buying super high end dual & quad core processors is a waste. People who buy those are usually the ones who brag about how high of a number they get in application X, and let all that power go to waste.

A quote I find true: "It's funny how real life benchmarks are based on rendering fantasy games".

Edited by brandon

It's what the industry is selling nowadays! ;)