Change Mode

after tearing out my Abit board and replacing it with my Evga board i found out that my 8pin board connector WILL not fit at all. it seem's there is a capacitor almost literally touching the connector. oh well i have had it with this POS board. thank's Evga :bang::bang::tdn::argue:

Guest badbinary

that sure is close, but i'm not sure why your connector is blocked by that cap. i can see by that photo that mine would fit. does your psu not have a standard connector on it?

Correct me if I'm wrong

But doesn't the EVGA manual say you can use the 4 pin on the left side of that 8 pin connector?

That may not be ideal but it still should work.

In that pic it does look as if that cap has been bent slightly.

Correct me if I'm wrong

But doesn't the EVGA manual say you can use the 4 pin on the left side of that 8 pin connector?

That may not be ideal but it still should work.

In that pic it does look as if that cap has been bent slightly.

i did hear/read that the 4pin may work but how good when it come's to o/cing i am not sure. would rather not risk that, since i did plan on o/cing my CPU. there are other cap's that look extremly bent like the 2 next to the first memory slot.

Flew, may look into that.

Cowboy, do they make such a connector?

Edited by brownhornet

Cowboy, do they make such a connector?

They make extensions for every other part. I've seen a molex to 8 pin converter on NewEgg. I'm not sure how that would work with overclocking. I would check around other sites. It may be worth a few bucks to get one as opposed to hacking or carving what you've got.

Mine is close as well but both my FSP 700w and my new 1kw unit fit it just fine, I admit it is tight but it goes, I can only think it is either a freak thing with your board, or something specific to Tagans (that model anyway). :shrug:

brownhornet, I have the same hardware (mobos, psu) as you. I THINK I'm going to take a shot at installing this evga board tommorow (replacing the abit, same as you). I have been struggling with whether or not to try the board or just take it back. Lot's of negative feedback on it. If I do try it, I will let you know if my tagan has the same problem. At least I will make my final decision tommorow as to either install it or take it back.

Edited by Paul442

a buddy has the same set up as mine but with 8800GTX and had to slightly trim the 6 pin PCIe connectors for the video card cause the connectors are so close

he too has the Tagan

i think most quality PSU's are gonna have heavier grade cables and connectors

must say that even when i shorted my Tagan out and was totally dead like it wasnt plugged in

as soon the Vapo plate was no longer shorted it fired right up and hasnt skipped a beat

I was using the Evga 680i with two 88's and the Tagan 900w and didn't notice any clearance problems. Of course I've always believed that if it doesn't go in you're not pushing hard enough..... :P