Sign in to follow this  
lisa352335

Dell Inspiron 9100 Won't Boot

Hi Everyone,

I have a Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop, P4, WinXP Home w/SP2, 512MB RAM and 40 GB HD. It used to boot up just fine until I ran PC Pitstop Optimize. Now it begins the boot process and displays the Dell logo, and the progress bar at the bottom of the screen gets to about 75% complete and then just stops and sits there forever! Since that phase of the boot process does not complete, I cannot enter Setup or use any CD-based utilities. :pullhair:

Is there any way to undo the PC Pitstop Optimize changes? I think I liked my laptop better when it was working!!

Might I now have a corrupt BIOS? How would I fix it?

All help and comments will be much appreciated!!! Thank you very much!!

Lisa :adios:

Hi Everyone,

I have a Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop, P4, WinXP Home w/SP2, 512MB RAM and 40 GB HD. It used to boot up just fine until I ran PC Pitstop Optimize. Now it begins the boot process and displays the Dell logo, and the progress bar at the bottom of the screen gets to about 75% complete and then just stops and sits there forever! Since that phase of the boot process does not complete, I cannot enter Setup or use any CD-based utilities. :pullhair:

Is there any way to undo the PC Pitstop Optimize changes? I think I liked my laptop better when it was working!!

Might I now have a corrupt BIOS? How would I fix it?

All help and comments will be much appreciated!!! Thank you very much!!

Lisa :adios:

:wp:

You will need to do a Windows System Restore from Safe Mode.

To access Safe Mode in Windows XP, repeatedly tap the F5 or F8 key while the computer is booting up. Once the menu opens, select Safe Mode, and later when prompted, administrator. The screen will look different because the video driver is not loaded. That will return to normal after a reboot.

Then go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore and restore your computer to the first restore point before Optimize was installed.

To uninstall the program, go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>Optimize>uninstall PC Pitstop Optimize.

Please contact your vendor for a refund. If you bought it directly from PC Pitstop, you can obtain a refund from our customer service page: http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp