A little confused about Optimize

I have been coming to this site for several years now and 99 percent of the time learned how to fix it myself.

Till now....I was trying to fix my buffer size and this is what it said to do...Next you need to create a new registry key. On the left side you need to go to the directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters.

I went to mine and there is no Tcpip, so I thought...I will buy the optimize let it do it, because this is what it said

"The safest and easiest fix is to use a product like PC Pitstop Optimize. If you do not use Optimize you can still do some adjustments manually. The change recommended below will usually increase performance for broadband users that have the default Windows settings."

:unsure: It did not work, this is why I don't like buying something without at least a trail period. :thud:

I have been coming to this site for several years now and 99 percent of the time learned how to fix it myself.

Till now....I was trying to fix my buffer size and this is what it said to do...Next you need to create a new registry key. On the left side you need to go to the directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters.

I went to mine and there is no Tcpip, so I thought...I will buy the optimize let it do it, because this is what it said

"The safest and easiest fix is to use a product like PC Pitstop Optimize. If you do not use Optimize you can still do some adjustments manually. The change recommended below will usually increase performance for broadband users that have the default Windows settings."

:unsure: It did not work, this is why I don't like buying something without at least a trail period. :thud:

If the thing did not work I would say try downloading the thing that I use sometimes. it is called TCP Optimizer. This is a free program and you can get it at http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

This thing is suppose to work with Dial-up, DSL, Cable, or anything else. There are other downloads on this page. I do not know anything else about them. So I would only download the first one on the top of the page for the link that I gave. That has a hard drive picture next to TCP Optimizer. That is your link to click to download the program. If you want to keep the program I would save it to your desktop area, or some other folder. Because normally, it is saved in a Temp file and after you close the program the download is deleted. Either that or save the link for the website in your favorites area.

You might not notice anything on these changes that this thing does. But then again if you have Broadband, small tweaks usually only help a little and usually not noticable. If you are trying to do this because you have some websites that take a while to load, just remember, not everyone is using Broadband yet. Some Websites still only use Dial-up. Or at least that is what I was told in school when I got my degree in 2001 and again when I was working on a higher one in 2005. So if a download seems slow remember it might not be your computer that is the problem. It could just be that the site you are at still uses Dial-Up, or they have alot of people at their page slowing things down.

Edited by r_rayjr

:wp:

I'm sorry that Optimize did not work for you. Our software comes with a 30-day 100% satisfaction money-back guarantee. Your Optimize order has been refunded.

There are several reasons why Optimize may not have worked. Web accelerators such as Google Web Accelerator or Propel, will lock certain settings so that Optimize does not have access, or other programs such as proprietary ISP connection programs such as NetZero, etc, will change the settings back almost as fast as Optimize can change them. There are also some random buffer size issues with Win98, as well.

If you post a Tech Express lin we may be able to see what happened. If you haven't done that before, this may help: http://forums.pcpitstop.com/html/helpfiles/techexphelp.htm

Movng this to Paid Products.