Change Mode

DiskMD hang.........

Jebcovet

I also am getting MD hang ups. Just DL'ed this today and 2 of my drives defragged as expected. The 3rd drive keeps hanging up at the same place at step 6. It's hanging on a picture file in a Nero BackItUp file. The HD shows flickering activity, but nothing is happening after long periods of time. Reboots and restarting MD does not seem to help. Any ideas? Analysis is included in profile.

But here is the link too:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=63DUFWNMSTWSHZWJ

:wp:

I have opened a help desk ticket and sent you another version of DiskMD to see if it resolves the issue.

Ummm...... I think you sent it to the wrong place? The note I got said it was sent to some email that is not mine!

:wp:

I have opened a help desk ticket and sent you another version of DiskMD to see if it resolves the issue.

OK, I did recieve the new file. I uninstalled my copy, deleted the MD folder, reinstalled the new copy, and it still stops at the same dang file! Is there no way to exclude certain files or sections?

I'm sorry that didn't help.

I have refunded your DiskMD order as I do not believe that I will be able to resolve this issue. I suspect that the Nero backup file is locked, and DiskMD does not have the ability to either unlock the file or exclude the file or folder from the scan.

Thank you for trying our product.

I'm sorry that didn't help.

I have refunded your DiskMD order as I do not believe that I will be able to resolve this issue. I suspect that the Nero backup file is locked, and DiskMD does not have the ability to either unlock the file or exclude the file or folder from the scan.

Thank you for trying our product.

It worked fine on the other 2 HDD's. And I just found that if I only used the second level of optimization, it completes the job. Does that info help any?

Thanks for the additional information.

Although using the Quick Optimization option does allow the program to complete, DiskMD still is not working as intended. Quick Optimization was meant to be a time-saver, not a work-around. DiskMD should still be able to move the file, and it can't.

Thank you for taking the time to post your additional findings. We will use the information you provided to improve future versions of DiskMD.

Archived