Change Mode

verizons internet gets slow at night.

the pass 3days my verzions internet gets slow around 8:00pm and stays like that till in the day:(

never was like that.

my connection is 3mb and right now it gets as low as 50 instead of 2800 to 3mb like it allways has been sense the last 3 days.

i tried my other router i even tried to just use the modem with out the router still the same.

have anyone get these problems with verizon lately?

One thing that comes to mind is that Verizon is doing upgrades in your general area. This can affect connection speeds. I know that having mega-multiple users of Verizon online at the same time can slow speeds down.

With the upgrades, it can take a few days to a few weeks to do all the upgrades. Typically, the 'smartest' time to do upgrades is at night, usually from 8pm to 6am. This is usually when people use their connections the least. Most companies aren't required to notify their customers when they do night upgrades. But it would be a good idea to call and ask to see if they are doing upgrades in your area. If enough people call in, they may start later if they are doing upgrades.

As far as the multiple users, there's not much you can do.

When I notice a slow down in internet connection, I tend to restart the router and modem. This usually works. Course I also keep up with defragging, getting rid of old cookies, etc to keep the internet connection up.

the pass 3days my verzions internet gets slow around 8:00pm and stays like that till in the day:(

never was like that.

my connection is 3mb and right now it gets as low as 50 instead of 2800 to 3mb like it allways has been sense the last 3 days.

i tried my other router i even tried to just use the modem with out the router still the same.

have anyone get these problems with verizon lately?

You're kidding...right? I've had this problem with Verizon for the past year and there's no one to talk to about it. I used to get well over the 3mb when they first upped it. Now I'm lucky with anything over 2. The upload as well...half the speed.

I must have spent 6 hours on the phone a few months ago going round and round with their outsourced idiots, and almost had a nervous breakdown. It's more than a stroke of luck, it's a miracle if you can find one that knows what he/she is talking about, and they won't 'escalate'...so that's a total waste of time!

I reached a point where the pain in my head, the tension in my neck, and the absolute frustration of it all was more than I could bear...I just gave up.

So very sad because I've been with them since 1995 (GTE at the time...and a seperate division).

Repeat: YES...you lose speed at night and from time to time during the day as well.

at least you are getting half the speed. im getting less then half the speed and there are times i cant even get online. i called then and they tried to tell me that its because of me having a windows and linux computer hooked to the same router. when i told then i have had this problem since a few months after we got it , they didnt know what to say. at times its worse then dial up.