Change Mode

Hello everyone, long time no log on

Hello everyone,

Just got done reading a few posts, apparently a long time ago several people had wondered where I had run off to....

Family had some major medical issues.

Everyone is fine now, although at times it was pretty rough.

Kind of killed the killer pc thing for me for a couple of years. Money was pretty tight and my heart just wasn't into it.

Just now getting back into it.

What prompted me to read the Pitstop again is I'm upgrading this week.

It will be a slow process to start, but hey I miss it :P

Starting off with an e6600 running on DangerDen water cooling.

This weeks specs LOL more as money becomes available.

e6600 cpu

Gigabyte DS3

2 gig OCZ DDR2 800 4,4,4,15 ram

eVga 8800 GTX

I lost one of my Raptors, so disk system won't have RAID yet, but I will get there eventually.

The plan is to run the e6600 at 3.6 Ghz

Hey Ed, man it's good to see you. Sorry for the hadships you've been through but glad your here and back.

Sounds like you're on the right track with your new system. Not sure how you lost the Raptor but WD is pretty good about RMA. Anyway I sure look forward to seeing you around and know others will to. Welcome Back. :rocks:

HI Guys :)

Went with the DS3 because of money ATM lol

BTW you guys read that the q6600 will be out near July at about $300!!! LOL

Poor AMD

yep I seen that

Posted Image

I wonder if Intel knows something we dont about AMD :shifty:

I'll be getting one of those q6600's if thats really near the pricemark.

MT stuff gets here tomorrow

Tracking Number Issued: 3/9/2007 7:21:10 PM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item Description Quantity

19-115-003 CPU INTEL|C2D E6600 2.4G 775 4M R 1

13-128-012 MB GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 P965 775 1

20-227-139 MEM 1Gx2|OCZ DII800 OCZ2P800R22GK R 1

AMD's Barcelona quad comes out very near that time frame.

Feature .........................................................Current AMD CPUs.................Barcelona

SSE execution width............................................64 bits wide....................128 bits wide

Instruction fetch bandwidth................................16 bytes/cycle.................32 bytes/cycle

Data cache bandwidth....................................2 x 64 bit loads/cycle..... 2 x 128 bits loads/cycle

L2 cache/memory controller bandwidth................64 bits/cycle....................128 bits/cycle

Floating-point scheduler depth.....................36 dedicated x 64-bit ops.....36 dedicated x 128-bit ops

AN AMD engineer was quoted as saying with the improvements to the chip that the Barcelona will be 30 to 40% faster than the Kentsfields<<< take with a grain of salt plz :)

However thats at the same clock speeds and I don't believe in a minute the chips will overclock like the Conroes or Kents.

Edited by Ed Downing

First of all Welcome back Ed.. :adios: .. Good seing ya again...

Man where's the tracking number, maybe I can be agent zero and come deliver :mrgreen::P ... (you know theft lol :lol: )...

And those q6600's look pretty affordable man, good pricing for 'em. I am looking into quad core, since I do a lot of video encoding these days, takes me 8hrs to encode one, so certainly a quad core will really boost it.

Thanks for the info... Take care. :)

I'll be getting one of those q6600's if thats really near the pricemark.

MT stuff gets here tomorrow

Tracking Number Issued: 3/9/2007 7:21:10 PM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item Description Quantity

19-115-003 CPU INTEL|C2D E6600 2.4G 775 4M R 1

13-128-012 MB GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 P965 775 1

20-227-139 MEM 1Gx2|OCZ DII800 OCZ2P800R22GK R 1

Good to see ya' Ed. Been talking about you over at The Raptor Pit.......with your PC in a wooden box.....

Anyhow, glad to see you back. Yep those E6600's are the "cats meow". I took the plunge......

:geezer:

• 2 weeks later...