Change Mode

Well I got the parts On friday. Only got the CPU motherboard and ram.. I opend up the motherboard case, and a little bit bigger than the E-machine's case I have now lol. Dont think it will fit in there.

Any more suggestions on cases, Video card's and has any one bought a blue ray dvd writer?

Oh and yes need some input on a power supply.

I was looking at these three cases

Lian Li

Antec

Cooler Master

I know the cooler master is pricey, but it looks sharp and all the reviews online (not just newegg) say its a great case.

all 3 case's are a good choice. be aware the cooler master case is HUGE but a very nice case. as for the PSU i am running this ONE , should be all you need for some time. my only CON is i paid 100$ more when i picked it up 6 month's ago.

Thanks Brownhornet.. Do you own that case? (coolermaster) I just think it looks nice. I have a big opening where the case will go. But I like the look of the Lian Li as well. Which has better air flow? Not going to get in over my head with water cooloing yet. Got to start overclocking first..

What vid card do you suggest? ATI or Nvidia

Wasn't sure if you were set on watercooling or not so these may not work for you. Some of the things I look for is No doors in the front. Can't stand fooling with them. The next thing I look for is that the on/off/reset switch are at the top where I can reach them easily followed by wanting the USB available uptop also. Probably not enough room for water cooling but I liked the layout of the case. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811129021

Still my fav. is http://techreport.com/reviews/2004q2/antec-p160/index.x?pg=1 had it for two years and still love it. Plenty of room and very light.

Hey there da_bears. Those 3 cases, are you sure one of the best out there, so its hard to pick.

All have their advantages, the cooler master is definitely a huge case, I mean, its huge lol. I myself am looking into a CM Stacker 822 (the newer ver).

The Lian Li's, are offcourse the greatest, I mean if you mod the lian-li cases, then you can get ur h20 in their easily, and still keep it nice and clean, I personally have seen alot of Lian-Li cases being used specifically for water cooling, especially you choose, but those guys who don't have many HDD's, and 1 or 2 optical drives. You could mount your radiator at the top, or take out those HDD cages, and put the rad there...

The Antec P160 was a big hit, excellent, I have to agree with shogan. But the P180, its just outstanding, lots of room for sure.

I like the one Ed mentioned, The Silverstone case is offcourse an awesome choice too. Wouldn't suggest the Gigabyte one, because it becomes to cramped up. I have one, I like the case with air cooling, but water, forget it.

Anyways, its totally up to you, just remember whichever you choose from those 3, will be a good choice,

Good Luck :):adios:

Wouldn't suggest the Gigabyte one, because it becomes to cramped up.

I like modding cases and always look at potential for watercooling.

The SILVERSTONE SST-TJ07 has the dual 120mm fans in the top oof the case.

Thats where the dual radiator and fans would go. perfect.

On the Gigabyte case, the dual 120's are on the rear and thats where I would mount the radiator, the case was meant for water as it already has 2 rubber sealed wholes for 1/2 inch tubing :)

The Gigabyte would be my solution for lack of money :P The SilverStone would be my first choice.

What vid card do you suggest? ATI or Nvidia

With the fastest card available, nVidia at the moment.

Rumor has it that the nVidia 8950 GX2 will come out as ATI releases thier next card.

Yup two G80 Cores on one card. :clap:

Just a day after we uncovered the existence of NVIDIA's GeForce 8950 GX2 and GeForce 8900 GTX, our friends in Taiwan confirmed the news. The GeForce 8950 GX2 is a dual chip card based on a new 80 nanometre G80 chip, probably codenamed something else. Both GX2 GPU's are clocked at 550MHz and the difference is GDDR4. The card comes with twice 512MB of 256-bit GDDR4 memory clocked at 2000MHz. The card has 96 shaders, per chip and it will be priced at $600. But that isn't all of the refresh coming from NVIDIA, along with the new shrinked G80 chip will come some extra products to fill the market and go head to head with the Radeon X2800 series.

How soon before we run two of those in SLI?

:boxing:

Edited by Ed Downing

Wasn't sure if you were set on watercooling or not so these may not work for you. Some of the things I look for is No doors in the front. Can't stand fooling with them. The next thing I look for is that the on/off/reset switch are at the top where I can reach them easily followed by wanting the USB available uptop also. Probably not enough room for water cooling but I liked the layout of the case. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811129021

Still my fav. is http://techreport.com/reviews/2004q2/antec-p160/index.x?pg=1 had it for two years and still love it. Plenty of room and very light.

Only reason I want a front door is so I can lock it. Got a 4 year old and a 5 year old that know how to press buttons :cr@sh: .. If it was not for them I would love to have an open one. But the have pretty much ruined the dvd writer I have now and I am suprised the power button is still there :)