Change Mode

I did something stupid...

Because i'm stupid & don' think ahead, i thought that Windows Vista look amazing & decided t get windows skin of in. Tuns out it changed everything on my computer includig the book screen. After like a week i realized that it looked stupid & got rid of it. But even though i unnstalled it the Vista bootscreen is still there. Does anyone know of a Windows App that would re-install the original XP Bootscreen?

Do those scripts consider the Boot Screen & The Welcome screen the same thing? Logging in is fine, it's just the Windows Loading screen.

I guess you mean just a vista loading screen. A boot xp screen restore is on that page somehwere, but lots there. You could also try system restore an go back before you did the vista themes. That should work. Ill see if I can find exact xp boot screen fix, or you can look on kelly's page yourself. The#161 Seams to be just welcome screen fix, but I seen boot screen fix there somewhere. Can you try system restore?

I actually did the vista theme months back so i don't know if there's still a restore record from then.

Oh boy :blink: You could check it though an see, but that is a way and you could lose any software installed after that date. I been looking at microsoft even, an so far I am stumped an can't find it :blink: I had to use fix for boot screen once an forgot what it was, But almost sure it was from Kellys korner page. It isnt hurting pc in any way though right? meaning you may have to live with it Until we find a fix. IF, you havent added any software after the restore point ( assuming you can find one that far back ) then system restore should fix it, you can always undo a system restore an put it back as is. Sorry can't find a fix faster Edited by Wademan

Yeah, i've installed alot of programs since then because my school requires them & i don't have backups (didn't think i would need it - big mistake.) It's not harming it in anyway, just an eyesore. Thanks for your help though!

Yeah, i've installed alot of programs since then because my school requires them & i don't have backups (didn't think i would need it - big mistake.) It's not harming it in anyway, just an eyesore. Thanks for your help though!

Found one way! >> http://www.astahost.com/info.php/how-chang...een_t11160.html Now here is link to get this tool>> http://www.download.com/TuneUp-Utilities-2...tml?tag=tab_scr Now it is a 30 day trial, $39 to buy, but should fix it :geezer: first link is step by step on how to change boot screens.. hope it works, let us know if you try.. :)