Change Mode

Optimizer

Guest Dono

Everytime I run the PT Pitstop optimize I am asked for my registration key#. I am getting fed up with having to fill it in it is so long. I am running microsoft vista, is that the reason it is happening? thank you DONO

Please open a ticket at the help desk: http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

What you are describing is not a known issue with Vista. Are you running the program as Administrator?

Although most functions work, Optimize is not yet completely compatible with Vista. We plan to release a Vista-compatible version 3/31/2007.

The main feature in Optimize that is currently not working with Vista is the Internet settings adjustments. Everything else appears to be working. You can install Optimize now and use the 'Check for latest version' button to get the update when it is released.

The update to Vista-compatible versions will be free for our existing customers.

You may want to try a complete uninstall/reinstall:

Go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>Optimize>uninstall PC Pitstop Optimize and run the uninstaller.

Once that completes, go to My Computer>C:\>Program Files>PC Pitstop>Optimize and delete the entire Optimize folder.

If you are not comfortable in the registry, skip this next step. Go to Start>Run>type "regedit" without the quotes and hit the 'enter'key.

Once the registry editor opens, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PCPitstop\Optimize and delete that folder as well. As always, before modifying the registery, export a backup.

Now do a reinstall with a new copy of the program from here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest_Eileen_*

Everytime I run the PT Pitstop optimize I am asked for my registration key#. I am getting fed up with having to fill it in it is so long. I am running microsoft vista, is that the reason it is happening? thank you DONO

Right click the Optimize icon and select 'Run as administrator' when using the current version, non-Vista version of Optimize in Vista and see if that resolves the issue.

Archived