Change Mode

Hey guys,

I am looking for a case, and upto my needs, looks like the CM Stackers fit my needs.

Basically looking for a large case with enough room to accommodate my water cooling and leave a little room (Since my current case is getting way too cramped, I can hardly change or do anything, I have to take out parts to do something), secondly 1 have a RAID of 4 HDD's currently, but I am looking to add another set of 2 or 4 HDD's in RAID. And all have enough bays (if needed will buy 5.25" to 3.5" converter)..

So the only thing I can't decide is should I go for CM Stacker 830 or 831 or 832..

So I need some advice from the experts please.

Thankyou :)

Edited by miggs78

im not trying to swap opinions at all, just opening the options a little.... lol

how about one of the thermaltake armour or kandalfs?

the armor is about the same price, comes standard with 6 drive bays, for the raid options. and you can easily add more with attachments....

and these things are massive!

Armor

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811133154

kandalf black and very heavy (steel chassis)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811133152

kandalf silver (aluminium chassis)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811133153

plenty of room in there, i just thought i would try and open your options miggsy, instead of the stackers.....

im not too keen on the stacker for looks, thus i shelled out a little more to get myself a swish hot as hell kandalf :D

good luck in your choosing tho... lol

and i would take the 832 as well ;) if it had to be coolermaster........... :wub:

I need a new case too one day, mine is already huge...the thing is though, it's like the newer cars lol you need a little japanese midget to work on them. Maybe they should just start selling those instead of new cases ;)

Well not sure the armor would suit TBH, great case but it's bays only fit 3 drives at a time, and as your looking at 4 in a simgle cluster it will mean messing around, I dare say you could move the drawer up the case and get a second drive bay to give you 6 drives in alignment down the bottom, and you can fit another 3 drives up by the PSU, but your cables will need to be quite long to reach compared to the rest of them, and from what I can see the Kandalf looks almost identical in build, also if you have the 1kw PSU you would have to mod the case to fit it due to the support bar, not to mention the top fan, I've just got an Antec 900 for that very reason, not my ideal case but only one that appeared to fit my needs I could find in the time I had.

The 832 looks nice, the side wall house's 4 fans by the look of it so massive cooling there, and it looksd like the motherboard gets it's own cooler as well, but I'd like to see more of it before I decided but it does look good, but if you go for it bear in mind the side wall of fans incase they encroach into the space you need.

yeah, but with a full front set of hdd cages (x3), you could fit 9 in there.

all at the front of the case.

admittedly you will need slightly longer cables for the drives at the top, but even with the 1kw psu, you should still have plenty of room for the drives.

and if you dont need to mod to get the psu in, you have another room next to the psu for another 3, allowing a good 12 hdd's (if you need that many)

worth a look tho.

i also like the stackers due to the mobo cooling, but..... im just not a huge fan of the looks of them..... :(

Well I got my PSU yesterday, ordered it last Friday, they processed it on Monday, and I got it Thursday, not bad for an international order :clap:

Anyway it wont fit the armor case, not without a couple of mods, the top fan would probably need removing, I haven't tried it in there as it is in use but offering it on top it comes over the start of the top fan, and it definitely comes past the support bar, theres a 700w FSP sparkle in there currently and that fits tight on the bar, so no way would the 1kw unit have a chance with that.

The 900 case is tight, it fits on the bottom fine, BUT, it's cables are going to give me grief I reckon trying to connect the drives etc, they are very restrictive on the bottom cage, but fortunately the cages come out of the front of the case, if they came out the other way you would be forced to remove the PSU every time, so although it fits I wouldn't recommend it, might have to wait to see more of that 832 unit and change it up again.

Will I be to use water cooling with my case? Dont want to do it now but when I get really involved and learn a little more..

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16811112122

Just noticed it comes with 2 psu holders.. Y did not see that before..

I see a review there that says it has ports for water cooling.....

:geezer:

Will I be to use water cooling with my case? Dont want to do it now but when I get really involved and learn a little more..

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16811112122

Just noticed it comes with 2 psu holders.. Y did not see that before..

Thanks da_bears. That Lian-Li looks so damn good.

I see a review there that says it has ports for water cooling.....

And yeah my friend caintry, the lian-li site itself indeed mentions 2 pre-hilled holes for water cooling.

Awesome, thanks for the input guys :):adios: