Change Mode

I think that you should not believe everything that is written on the internet. I have XP home Edition, and I have installed and re-installed many times in the eighteen months that I have been using it....on a few occasions I have had to phone m/s using a toll free number when my activation was not automatic..on these occasions, very friendly and polite people have issued a new activation code and never once[?B] have I been asked for personal information. The calls are swift and efficient.

Install on more than one PC...I only have and ever will have 1 PC

Sell my software....I still have my 95,98,and ME Installation disks, I am happy making a collection.

XP won't activate on a PC with new hardware.....rubbish...I have upgraded my PC so much only the case is original ..my XP still works.

OK so some people don't like XP....I do...I will always use windows...that's my perogative...I have found a whole new and exciting world because of windows....I can live with Bill knowing a little about me...why doesn't it bother me.....because many more agencies know a lot more about me than he ever will!...I accept the world we live in...information databases are a fact...want to be excluded from that????....become a hermit! ;)

My opinion is that 2Kpro is the best microsoft OS.

But I refuse to jump through the microsoft hoops to install and run XP even tho I got the disk laying here.

And the only XP I have used is my daughters machine. and very limited at that.

What do I think? Well, they are partially right. When you buy software you don't own it, because you're just buying a license to use it. But it's not just XP, or Microsoft. It's any software from any company. And nobody owns me.

Midnight Rider

I got to run to keep from hiding

And I'm bound to keep on riding

And I've got one more silver dollar

But I'm not gonna let them catch me, no

Not gonna let them catch the midnight rider

Allman Brothers ;)

And nobody owns me.

you forgot to stomp your foot! :nospys:

btw, I was meerley posting a site that I found for others opinion, not to say that I do or do not believe any of it.

They don't own me ;) . Microsoft doesn't even know I have XP running on my computer. :P You guys gotta start hanging out in IRC channels and finding out about alternatives to the regular operating system installations that require things like activation and money. :shifty:

And while I'm here... LINUX RULES! :lol:

They don't own me ;) . Microsoft doesn't even know I have XP running on my computer. :P You guys gotta start hanging out in IRC channels and finding out about alternatives to the regular operating system installations that require things like activation and money. :shifty:

And while I'm here... LINUX RULES! :lol:

are you alowed to say that? :nospys:

They don't own me  ;) . Microsoft doesn't even know I have XP running on my computer.  :P You guys gotta start hanging out in IRC channels and finding out about alternatives to the regular operating system installations that require things like activation and money.  :shifty:

And while I'm here... LINUX RULES!  :lol:

are you alowed to say that? :nospys:
Say what?? linux rules?? or the irc part?? yes and yes. :mrgreen: v

What do I think? Well, they are partially right. When you buy software you don't own it, because you're just buying a license to use it. But it's not just XP, or Microsoft. It's any software from any company. And nobody owns me.

Not true my friend. :mrsgreen:

When you purchase or download GPL software, you own it You can change it, copy it, install it on thousands of PC's, distribute it, even copy it and re-sell it. It is yours to do as you wish. :mrgreen:

Not true my friend. :mrsgreen:

When you purchase or download GPL software, you own it You can change it, copy it, install it on thousands of PC's, distribute it, even copy it and re-sell it. It is yours to do as you wish. :mrgreen:

I stand corrected. :mrgreen:

I cannot for the life of me see why people hate Bill Gates so much. He is a genius, that has sacrificed alot and in return has achieved alot. He is one of the greatest computer and economic minds that has ever existed and has built an empire from literally nothing. I will not run Linux, all it is to me is a knockoff of windows. Every other operating system is pretty well an altered version of windows or based on something similar.

nobody said anything about Gates...just Microsoft in general. They are too preventative on piracy and stealing os's. The activation on xp, some think, crosses the line :nospys:

I cannot for the life of me see why people hate Bill Gates so much. He is a genius, that has sacrificed alot and in return has achieved alot. He is one of the greatest computer and economic minds that has ever existed and has built an empire from literally nothing. I will not run Linux, all it is to me is a knockoff of windows. Every other operating system is pretty well an altered version of windows or based on something similar.

Are you on Canadian drugs?? :lol::blank::lol: v

Usually I wouldn't say something like this, but...

That has to be one of the most ridiculously stupid things I've ever heard someone say on the pitstop. Bill Gates hasn't sacrificied enough to give just cause to the countless shady business dealings he has and Linux is nothing near a knockoff of windows. If you'd ever used it you'd know that. Linux is far superior to windows in so many ways it isn't funny and was created and used for different purposes, intents, and goals. Leave the canadian drugs alone.