My PSU good enough?

Hello,

I have a Antec TruePower Quiet 380W PSU with Twin Fans PSU and i was wondering if this would be enough power for a single core pentium 4 for a socket 775 motherboard. Also, does it need to be a specific pin to fit? I know 380w isn't a great deal of power but i do have some Artic cooler 5 stuff to use too.

The processor is this

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/(16572)Intel-...FSB-LGA775.aspx

Thanks a lot, and sorry for all the threads i have made recently lol. :b33r:

A power supply has to power more than the processor for example video cards draw a great deal of power. Personally I wouldn't use anything less than a 500 watt power supply. Don't worry about posting alot of topics we're here to help you :cr@sh:

PSU should work for a 775. Might want to get a bigger one though. P4 prescotts are power hogs, as well as being very hot and needing good cooling. I believe the core 2 duo takes less power than the prescot :geezer:

Unless the power supply your using on your 478 motherboard is Atx V2.0 it won't work with the 775 which requires a 24 pin power supply. There is no Northwoods processor for 775 the last Northwoods processor was 3.4ghz skt 478. They inserted prescoitt processor numbers in before the number for the final northwoods processor.