Problem bringing up mozilla firefox 1.5.0.9

This is what I receive immediately while trying to startup firefox at home tonight(had a power outage while gone):

XML Parsing Error: undefined entity

Line Number 327, Column 7: <menuitem id="spell-no-suggestions"

------^ <toolbarbutton id="reporterMenuButton"

----^ <menuitem id="menu_HelpPopup_reportPhishingtoolmenu"

----^

Ideas??

Not at all. here's a screenshot of my browser to show you how similar they are.

Posted Image

A good trick for viewing IE websites on Firefox is to use the IEtab extension. It uses IE within a Firefox tab to view a website.

Edited by Simonsells91

ethier re-install what you have or update that will fix the problem

which i think is a corrupted os do to the power failure

A stupid question.

either reinstall(procedure?) or upgrade will cause any of my links or favorites to change?

Click bookmarks then manage bookmarks then file then export save as either a text or an html

after the re-install or upgrade do the same only select import

see edit

Edited by Bear

In Ff2 to import bookmarks you have to go to bookmark menu and click organixe bookmarks to import :)

u missed my edit :)

if you update to ff2 it automatically imports your bookmarks from ff1.5

then there is the simple method :P

In Ff2 to import bookmarks you have to go to bookmark menu and click organixe bookmarks to import :)

Click bookmarks then manage bookmarks then file then export save as either a text or an html

after the re-install or upgrade do the same only select import

see edit

There is no way, that I am aware of, that I can export to import from 1.5 when ff does not show except for the error message in my thread start.

:nono:

How is a person to export/import when my 1.5 shows NOTHING but the error message on my thread start??

:nono:

Edited by hoophead

Sorry. Forgot about that :)

You need to get the bookmarks from the file. Go to My computer-C-documents and settings-your username

Now you need to go to the tools menu and click folder options. Click on the view tab and select show hidden files and folders. now click on application data-mozilla-firefox-profiles-your profile(whatever profile is in there is probably yours)-now take the file called bookmarks (you can also take the extensions folder if you want) and copy them to another location. When you have FF2 or a fresh install you can import the bookmarks file and all of your bookmarks should be there. You can also take the contents of the extension folder and put them in the new extension folder and they will work too (if they are FF2 compatible). I was doing this on FF2 so if there are any differences let me know :)

Edited by Simonsells91

Sorry. Forgot about that :)

You need to get the bookmarks from the file. Go to My computer-C-documents and settings-your username

Now you need to go to the tools menu and click folder options. Click on the view tab and select show hidden files and folders. now click on application data-mozilla-firefox-profiles-your profile(whatever profile is in there is probably yours)-now take the file called bookmarks (you can also take the extensions folder if you want) and copy them to another location. When you have FF2 or a fresh install you can import the bookmarks file and all of your bookmarks should be there. You can also take the contents of the extension folder and put them in the new extension folder and they will work too (if they are FF2 compatible). I was doing this on FF2 so if there are any differences let me know :)

What type of information is in the 'extension folder'?? :blink:

What type of information is in the 'extension folder'?? :blink:

Browser add-ons. If you have a lot of them and you don't want to reinstall them all (I have about 20 of em) it would be easier to transfer the folders contents.