Dear all

I am running a full check and when it gets to "STATUS: checking drive C" a pop up box of add ins appears telling me that the addin, "PcPitstop.dll" was running when the problem occured. Then it all crashes. Any ideas?

Ian

:wp:

What browser are you using?

Could you get a screenshot of the message you get?

:)

I am getting identicle error. It is an Internet Explorer popup error message that says "Internert Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

A second IE window pops up saying " Internet Explorer has encountered a problem with an add-on and needs to close" It also states that the following add-on was running when the problem occurred:

Add-on Name: PC Pitstop.dll

Company Name: P.C. Pitstop LLC

Desription: PCPitstop ActiveX

I am running IE 7

Same problem here gang. I've been a long-time user of PC Pitstop and I don't really understand what has changed that is causing the problem. Here's a screenie. Thanks in advance.

Chopper

This problem started with IE 7 upgrade. There are other problems. My HP PSC-2210 all-in one printer scanner wouldn't open. HP admitted there was a problem and gave me a work around. Now I have to double click the icon., hit Alt and Shift, a popup appears and I have yo click twice on minimize, then maximize from the taskbar.

I have to open a UDE program twice, The first time Windows closes down. I also have to try accessing my ISP twice as the first time fails. How do we get these problems to Microsoft?

Your forum has a lot of people who are getting an Internet Explorer box with the Message, "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem with an add-on and needs to close. The following add-on was running when this problem occured. Add-on Name: PCPitstop.dll."

This happens at the test C: drive stage of the test. The test worked fine till they upgraded me to IE 7.

I have spent four hours with an Microsoft IE technician and they can't get it to work. They wanted me to contact you as they think you need to update to accomodate IE 7.

I know IE 7 has problems. My HP 2210 All-in-one scanner printer would not open. I called HP and they said it was a proble with IE 7 and gve me a five step work around to get the Director open.

I have a Presario S4300NX with Windows XP [email protected] Home addition.

I don't have the expertise to fix this and they don't seem to have it either. Can you help those of us who can no longer test?

Thank you,

Bilsenigma

Same problem here gang. I've been a long-time user of PC Pitstop and I don't really understand what has changed that is causing the problem. Here's a screenie. Thanks in advance.

Posted Image

Chopper

:pullhair: I'm having the same problem--guess lots of others are, too!