Change Mode

Is Castlecops under a DDoS attack

Simon9one

I have been seeing rumors all around that The anti-malware site Castlecops has been down because of a DDoS attack. I haven't been able to get on there since yesterday afternoon. does anyone know what is going on?

this isn't all bad news. this proves that the folks over there are doing enough to scare the script kiddies into action.

Looks to me like it proves their not doing enough. Apparently there are enough people who have Trojans and bots on their computers conducting DDoS attacks to completely shut down the whole ISP not just Castle Cops :rolleyes:

Were it not for the fact that it was affecting their entire ISP, I would have found it ironic. A good firewall can do alot of good to prevent a DDos attack.

Edit: If someone decides to point out any glaring flaws in my statement, if they did have one, and this still happened, it's not a very good firewall. ;)

Guest badbinary

Looks to me like it proves their not doing enough. Apparently there are enough people who have Trojans and bots on their computers conducting DDoS attacks to completely shut down the whole ISP not just Castle Cops :rolleyes:

i see the glass half-full. you see the glass as an object to destroy. :P

From their front page

We will not be silenced! Here is a current MRTG chart showing about two hours ago we had a 933Mb/s spike DDoS, while a 44Mb/s is now consistent. Someone isn't happy we're up and running.

What means this? 933 Mbit/s spike?? What's a spike DDoS?

933 Mb/s sounds very little to me, and 44 is less than peanuts.

I'm not sure what conducting a contest has to do with sustaining a DDoS attack...Some disgruntled loser, maybe? (I may be a loser, but I am always thoroughly gruntled).

The link will work, but separate "security" and "garden".

What a lot of trouble to take just to screw over a bunch of strangers! Although I see that some DoS and DDoS attacks are being used to extort gaming sites as well as just about anyone with lots of money.

Archived