Change Mode

Error while running PC Pitstop Disk MD

Guest Guest_BusinessKat_*

Guest Guest_BusinessKat_*

:h3lp: I just downloaded Disk MD to try to clean up my second disk drive, but every time I start to run it, I get as far as Running Disk Analysis/Analyzing Disk and I get an error message from Windows stating:

"PC Pitstop Disk MD has encountered a problem and needs to close."

No details are available that I can see. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Kat :(

:wp:

Can you please post a Tech Express link so that we can see what is taking place on your computer?

If you haven't done that before, you can click the yellow Tech Express Help link just below the logo in the upper left.

Can you please post a Tech Express link so that we can see what is taking place on your computer?

If you haven't done that before, you can click the yellow Tech Express Help link just below the logo in the upper left.

Well, I don't know why it's showing me as a Guest up there because I'm registered. But I can't access the Change Personal Info section either, so anyway, here's my link:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=ZMPVFWPUTQWSWW0J

Thanks so much for your help!

Oops! Sorry, I forgot to validate my account. Okay, it should be there now.

Thanks!!!

Kat

It looks from your Pit test that there may not be enough free space (18%) on the drive for DiskMD to run.

I recommend at least 25% free space, but my personal preference is a minimum of 40%.

Try to offload some files or programs and see if you can get at least 25-30% free space and then see if it will run.

Archived