Change Mode

i have an asus k8v-mx m/b and a powercolor ati radeon 256mb 128 bit graphics card ---the problem is the m/b only shows 1x,2x & 4x agp in the bios and the card is 8x -- i have done the latest bios updates but to no avail -- have i missed something in the installation ???

i have an asus k8v-mx m/b and a powercolor ati radeon 256mb 128 bit graphics card ---the problem is the m/b only shows 1x,2x & 4x agp in the bios and the card is 8x -- i have done the latest bios updates but to no avail -- have i missed something in the installation ???

The AGP 8X option in the BIOS appears only when you install an AGP 8X graphics card.

the m/b is an asus kbv-mx and the graphics card is a powercolor ati radeon 9250 256mb 128 bit 8x agp

i have had them both for about a year and have only just noticed the agp reading is wrong

both the m/b and agp card have got the latest updates

Ive never had that problem but I have memory sticks not being read correctly because of dust or improper seating inside the mobo.

So you could try taking the card out blowing out inside the contact and run your fingers along the contact on the card itself and see if that helps.

Just make sure you turn off everything and ground yourself by touching the powersupply before you put your hands in there.