Sign in to follow this  
flyfishingrules2

My Paranoid Thought: GoogleWorld

Is anyone concerned about the pervasiveness of Google into our daily lives?

Need to search? Google

Need to organize and edit some pictures? Google Pica

Need some hard drive storage? Google

Need an office suite, online, no less? Google

Need a map? Google Earth

Need e-mail? g-mail

Need anything? Google will anticipate it

They have services I have not yet begun to comprehend: staff meeting Monday to learn how we can use Google to set an account where we teachers can share and edit each others documents...

and some here think Skype knowing you motherboard serial number is dangerous?

Call me a crackpot, but my crystal ball shows we will rue the day when we had Microsoft to kick around. Sorry, but I think the days of “do no harm” are long gone.

How would you like your ads served today?

:fear:

I get far more concerned about a company that collects Bios information and disallows service based on the processor/architecture you are using.

That is far more invasive, restricting, limiting and downright wrong in my opinion.

When did google ever do such a thing?

When did their applications or services ever deny the service based soilely on the type processor you were using?

When a company has done such a thing in the past, then it is certainly reason to be concerned why they are collecting "Bios" information from your computer.

Microsoft control much more of the computing lives of alot of people.

The differences are

A)Google make products worth using

B )I trust google with my information

Edited by tito

Microsoft control much more of the computing lives of alot of people.

The differences are

A)Google make products worth using

B )I trust google with my information

I don't trust anybody to keep my information. It's kind of like the old saying, "You'd be paranoid, too, if everyone was out to get you."

Edited by Cowboy3000

I don't trust anybody to keep my information. It's kind of like the old saying, "You'd be paranoid, too, if everyone was out to get you."

I trust google not to bundle Spyware.

I get far more concerned about a company that collects Bios information and disallows service based on the processor/architecture you are using.

they flash your bios :lol:

dont think im making this stuff up

edit: maby im just paranoid

Edited by duanester

think of ms live search and mail, just compare that to google, in my opinion google is more trust worthy, if we needed these tools they would be better option hands down :tup:

its like msn messenger, its has nothing to do with search/ mail/ or maps but when you send files via messenger how does it know if a file is potentially dangerous? most of us received this potentially dangerous message before, the point being, they shouldnt know what file types you are sending or receiving period !

things like this make me more concerned then paranoid

You should see what they have done to the place, it's like one big prison cell.

They plan to put GPS trackers in all of our cars next, so they can see where we are and administer "Pay as you go road tax" and "Instantaneous speeding fines".

Despite this petition

Is anyone concerned about the pervasiveness of Google into our daily lives?

Need to search? Google

Need to organize and edit some pictures? Google Pica

Need some hard drive storage? Google

Need an office suite, online, no less? Google

Need a map? Google Earth

Need e-mail? g-mail

Need anything? Google will anticipate it

They have services I have not yet begun to comprehend: staff meeting Monday to learn how we can use Google to set an account where we teachers can share and edit each others documents...

and some here think Skype knowing you motherboard serial number is dangerous?

Call me a crackpot, but my crystal ball shows we will rue the day when we had Microsoft to kick around. Sorry, but I think the days of “do no harm” are long gone.

How would you like your ads served today?

I'm not one for routinely resurrecting an old thread, but I was searching for something completely different and stumbled across this one.

All the way back in 2007, flyfishingrules2 saw it coming. Quite an insight. I applaud you sir. :tup:

:clap:

:) Y

The whole world's out to get me. The government even has torture chambers and tormentors. The torture chambers are the hospitals and the tormentors are the nurses, doctors, councelors, and surgieouns.

I just simply can't go through that if it comes. There's no way. Death may be only option to save me.

I'm sure "They" can arrange that

i have no such worries. i love Google, they provide what i want. Apple does too for the most part.

Like most people, i have a life and use electronics to get things i want done...done. I preference to what service provides me tools to make it simpler, easier, faster, aesthetically pleasing or just plain fun. Fun is what its all about isnt it? being entertained and not living in fear of some giant overlord taking over our bodies and destroying the world like some SyFy episode. Maybe all those drive by media's and years of Xfile shows have instilled deep rooted ideals leading to fear and worry into those who choose to read every topic on such subjects...maybe i should google human psychology?lol or better yet i think i'll just go play with my Android phone for a bit instead, sounds more fun.

I use google docs for sharing files from other part of the world and mail for personal use.

If google will have all these worthy services then its good.

I agree Jaydee. I use all that Google have to offer and I also have an Android phone (HTC Desire HD).

This issue is what can be done with the tracks you leave behind in cyberworld?

We already know Apple have been secretly tracking iPhone users GPS positions..

People who thought they were safe on Twitter now find themselves in possible breach of a court order after tweeting the names of people who have a court injunction to stop the press publishing their names, and Twitter being put under pressure from British courts to hand over the identities of those that 'Tweeted'

I'll keep the tin foil hat on for the moment.