Change Mode

Runtime error! on Check Disk Health

Oh, but heres a thought. Before you moved all your stuff from your old drive to your new one. When you set up your drive, did you set it up as a FAT drive? Or did you set it up as a NTFS. The last time I switched drives for someone, it does ask this option if you want FAT or NTFS. Or it should have if you set up your drive right. My Drive is set up for NTFS, which is suppose to be better for Windows XP.

If you are not sure, and if you do not know how to check. Just right click on start, left click on Explorer, then Right click on Drive C: Or what every letter your drive is, and then left click on Properties. And then look at the General tab, and under File System it should say NTFS or FAT.

I just thought I would bring this up because not a lot of people know about the FAT and NTFS thing.

My original drive and my new one are both set up as NTFS. You can see this by just looking at your drive in windows explorer. I have not used FAT formatted drives since windows 98SE.

We appreciate everyones feedback in helping us solve this problem. The issue is a little more difficult than we originally expected, and are putting together a plan of attack to dedicate a resource to fixing up this part of the full test and Disk MD. In the mean time I am closing this forum until we have further news on where we are at with the fix. We apologize for any inconvenience this bug may cause until we squash it. Please realize it is at the top of our list of importance, and we will have updates soon.

Thank you all for your help.