Change Mode

Battlefield 2 Patch

before...the booster is hooked in as soon as the cable is out of the wall.

Take it out and put it on the same line as the TV, and make sure that it is not connected to the line to the router. You're lucky you're getting any internet connection at all.

Dlink 614+ here, with no ports forwarded for any online game and Gaming Mode in the router's options is disabled as well, and all games work fine. Guess it all depends on which router you have.

P.S. You didn't say whether you moved the booster yet or not. Unless the booster is bi-directional, it can and most likely will cause problems with your upload speeds/connection (just like you are having connecting to the account and game servers).

Dlink 614+ here, with no ports forwarded for any online game and Gaming Mode in the router's options is disabled as well, and all games work fine. Guess it all depends on which router you have.

P.S. You didn't say whether you moved the booster yet or not. Unless the booster is bi-directional, it can and most likely will cause problems with your upload speeds/connection (just like you are having connecting to the account and game servers).

No, I haven't moved the booster yet. Yes, it is a bi-directional booster. This is my router as far as I can tell (I haven't been trying to play battlefied 2 for a while and just remembered that I had a thread running here...) .

http://netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGate...ters/MR814.aspx

I will check the router serial number when I get back to my apartment after class later this evening.

Thanks stormy!

Josh

EDIT: I wasn't given a cd with my router, the cable company brought it and set it up...

EDIT: I just checked netgear's website...If this is the one I have I can download software for it...I think

Edited by tootall4wsu
  • 3 weeks later...

a firewall is blocking your games, do you have a software firewall installed or is xp firewall on, dont worry about your router, that can be reset if needed. shut off any software firewalls and try the games that are not connecting.