Change Mode

Battlefield 2 Patch

I have installed the battlefield 2 patch v1.41 at least 3 times. Twice with the first installation of the game and another time when i uninstalled it and reinstalled both it and the patch. Still no success. It is always showing up as v1.2.295 or something like that. :(

Then you have 1.4. ;)

That's the version of the patch, not the game itself. ;)

Tt's still not fixing my connection problems though. Every server I try to connect to when I get into the game says "connection error" and then I get disconnected and there are at least five servers with zero ping that I can connect to. Any help with that?

Reinstall the game, making sure you wipe everything off.

And sadly, redownload the patch.

Not going to loose anything but your configured settings- video... sound... that stuff.

I have done that twice and still no luck. This morning I updated punkbuster and that didn't work either... :surrender:

I was just looking at another topic in user to user and saw this:

http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

Would this help if I optimized my internet. I have cable tv times 3 in my apartment with cable internet wireless router for 2 laptops and my desktop wired in. All that is going thru one cable outlet in the wall with a signal booster to help with the hdtv...

Edited by tootall4wsu

I have cable tv times 3 in my apartment with cable internet wireless router for 2 laptops and my desktop wired in. All that is going thru one cable outlet in the wall with a signal booster to help with the hdtv...

Dump the signal boost, it is useless. I'm not sure if that is part of the problem or not, but it doesn't help.

I have cable tv times 3 in my apartment with cable internet wireless router for 2 laptops and my desktop wired in. All that is going thru one cable outlet in the wall with a signal booster to help with the hdtv...

Is the booster before or after the splitter and the line that goes to the router?

You need to find out the IP number of router and put it into your address bar. Google your router to find out how. Try http://192.168.1.1 and go to "port fowarding" or something of that nature.

Btw there is no way to open up all those ports. You probly won't have enough slots. So in order for it to work you have to open up a HUGE range of ports and it makes your system more vulnerable to attack.

I had to do this myself for the game. When I first got it worked fine then one day it just didn't work anymore and I had the same problem as you. Id get the pings but I wasn't able to connect. The fact that I had to open that many ports is BS.

GL hope it fixes your problem. BTW next time it may be best to put this in User to user.

I have had this problem as well. The patch would not take. I don't have an answer for you though as I gave up. Don't like EA anyway. They care nothing about your experience in game only your money.

Just wanted to let you know you are not alone. Americas Army is far superior IMO anyway.