Sign in to follow this  
tommyscouse

firefox or operah

Opera has support for bit torrent file downloads. Handy.

Speedwise I'd say firefox just has it (with tweaks).

As you can probably tell from my avatar I would recommend sticking with Firefox. I have tried Opera, IE, and a couple of others and I think Firefox is much better. It is extremely customizable, fast, easy to use, and secure. It is definitely the fastest browser I have tried if you use the right add-ons.

The right browser, like anything else, is a matter of personal preference. I got so that I no longer trusted IE and went to Firefox. Never could get comfortable with it. Seemed too complex after IE. Couldn't figure how to use all the extensions (or even choose what to have) For a long time couldn't figure how to download. Had a series of bookmarks on Firefox tutorials. Spent more time trying to learn the browser than I did browsing. When I tried Opera it was so much more straightforward for me. Everything seemed intuitive, and the controls for customizing the interface are all just a click or two away. It seems "smoother" to me than the others, and has all the stuff I want built in. One click log-ons and downloads, drag and drop everywhere, toolbars on all sides if I want( I do-I do!) Super controlable tabbing, fit-to-width for any size window, one click toggle between author and user style display modes, not to mention voice and mouse gestures which I have turned off. I think too many users see the default original configuration interface and think that is all there is. In just a few minutes I can have a new copy of Opera customized for easy access to all its options and be cruising! Give it a try. I'll never go back.

For me this is a rather hard choice to make. Since the time I lost faith in IE I have been working on both Opera and Firefox at the same time. There is no arguing that Firefox is far more cusomizable and the extensions and the add ons it has add to the variety. However in some specific cases I have seen that Opera scores over Firefox. The only thing that I couldnt figure out so far is whethe Opera supports the "auto remember" feature, as it becomes tiresome to write same things again.

For me this is a rather hard choice to make. Since the time I lost faith in IE I have been working on both Opera and Firefox at the same time. There is no arguing that Firefox is far more cusomizable and the extensions and the add ons it has add to the variety. However in some specific cases I have seen that Opera scores over Firefox. The only thing that I couldnt figure out so far is whethe Opera supports the "auto remember" feature, as it becomes tiresome to write same things again.

Check Tools>Preferences>Wand Is that what you're looking for?

I use firefox, though I cannot say anything bad about opera. For speed there is a browser called avast, its not as flexible as fox, but is a good browser, take a look you have nothing to lose.

Firefox is (almost) IE in disguise. I don't know why people who absolutely distrust IE uses Firefox?