Change Mode

Older Games and Windows Vista

I installed Generals but it will not run, it is saying that Technical Difficulties and also tried using it in Compabitle XP Mode, still wouldn't work. Is that right that most games will not work with Vista? I tried Red Alert 2 and it works fine but when I quit a game on Multiplayer, it would not Respond and then the Internet goes off so I have to restart to get the internet on. Also, I tried installing C&C Yuri's Revenge but at 100%, one of the files not found on Destination Drive. I am wondering Vista will not work with any games old but maybe Bf2142, I haven't tried that game. I install all the drivers that was needed and updates.

Thanks

Edited by Conceal

Are you running the 64 bit version or the 32 bit version?

I'm currently running 64 bit version of XP and there are some games I have trouble with. I once tried to play Counter Strike 1.6 and it told me I didn't have enough memory, even though I have 4 gig. I can play it on the 32 bit version just fine.

On Vista, I've played BF2 and BF2142. When you install it, it will give a warning that "This has only been tested on 32 bit".

Are you running the 64 bit version or the 32 bit version?

I'm currently running 64 bit version of XP and there are some games I have trouble with. I once tried to play Counter Strike 1.6 and it told me I didn't have enough memory, even though I have 4 gig. I can play it on the 32 bit version just fine.

On Vista, I've played BF2 and BF2142. When you install it, it will give a warning that "This has only been tested on 32 bit".

I am running 32-Bit Vista Ultimate and last night, I installed BF2142 and it works fine now.

Thanks for yalls help, I may also try Counter-Strike Source. I don't blame Vista. :lol:

I still can't my C&C Generals Zero Hour running, I tried it without Compablility Mode except Run as Adminstrator. It is really my favorite game and 2 other of my friends play it and been asking me if I could play it but I couldn't because of this Windows. I shouldn't have bought it in the first place, I should have waited maybe a year to get everything working.

It worked when I upgraded but I had to Clean Install because of soo many programs and wanted it all gone so I installed it from Windows Vista. Am I supposed to have XP first then install games there to get it worked then upgrade to Vista?

If you want to play XP games, run XP. I'd recommend staying away from Vista for a year or so until they get (at least) some of the bugs worked out ...

If you install games in XP and then upgrade, why would they work any better than if you just installed them in Vista?

That isn't even including my linux-bias. It's just the general idea that you should use a proven solution over the newest thing, especially when it involves something as vital as an operating system. You're basically paying Microsoft for the privledge of being their software-guinea pig when you use Vista. ;)

to me all my games run alot faster than on vista than xp ever did:)

and thats on my desktop the first one and my laptop.

even camageddon 2 plays with no problem lol

on xp it skip and lag all over the place.

you should search and see if anyone haveing the same problem with Generals might be a fix:)